vincent-pierce

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Guess What I Got… #109456
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    I can’t figure out how to post the picture…so here is a link to my Picasa photo album:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/flootloops/MyHarp?feat=directlink

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #84372
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hannah,
    That’s awesome that your teacher studied with Salzedo. I was also in the 4A Symphonic Band (on clarinet) in 2003…which was quite some time ago! The bands are huge, that’s for sure. That’s great that you got to play with them though.
    Vince

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #85595
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hannah,
    That’s awesome that your teacher studied with Salzedo. I was also in the 4A Symphonic Band (on clarinet) in 2003…which was quite some time ago! The bands are huge, that’s for sure. That’s great that you got to play with them though.
    Vince

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #84371
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hi Hannah, I didn’t know you were in San Antonio! I go there at least once a year for TMEA. I’m assuming your teacher teaches Salzedo method? I didn’t know there were any teachers other than Ms. Buchanan in SA. Funny thing is, my teacher at Baylor is also Ms. Buchanan, but no relation. She also teaches Salzedo method.
    Vince

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #85594
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hi Hannah, I didn’t know you were in San Antonio! I go there at least once a year for TMEA. I’m assuming your teacher teaches Salzedo method? I didn’t know there were any teachers other than Ms. Buchanan in SA. Funny thing is, my teacher at Baylor is also Ms. Buchanan, but no relation. She also teaches Salzedo method.
    Vince

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #84369
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Laurie Buchanan teaches at UTSA. She is an Eastman graduate and studied with Grandjany. She is the only harp teacher I know of in the San Antonio area. Hope that helps!
    Vince

    in reply to: Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX #85592
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Laurie Buchanan teaches at UTSA. She is an Eastman graduate and studied with Grandjany. She is the only harp teacher I know of in the San Antonio area. Hope that helps!
    Vince

    in reply to: Looking for Vince Pierce #152265
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    …and thanks for the message, Tony!

    in reply to: Looking for Vince Pierce #152264
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hi Eva, I’m here! I just replied to your e-mail. Glad to hear from you!
    Vince

    in reply to: Festival #109662
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Hi Kay,
    I got to play in Ms. Smith’s masterclass, and it was really great. She is very energetic and engaging, and she gave me some very useful input. The festival was really nice, and I learned a lot. I’m glad to know Ms. Smith is your teacher – you’re in good hands!
    Vince

    in reply to: harp teacher in Dallas area #84454
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    My teacher is excellent and lives in the Dallas area. E-mail me if you would like her information. There are a lot of teachers in the area, so she will not have any trouble finding a good teacher.
    Vince

    in reply to: harp teacher in Dallas area #85677
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    My teacher is excellent and lives in the Dallas area. E-mail me if you would like her information. There are a lot of teachers in the area, so she will not have any trouble finding a good teacher.
    Vince

    in reply to: How do you do it? #109833
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    Yes, people always try to help! I just ask them to get my gig bag or bench or the doors. I carry a wedge doorstep in my bag. It doesn’t work on all doors, but my bag or my bench usually do a good job of holding a door. That shows how heavy my gig bag is…

    Being a guy, I always try to help the other girls in my harp studio, but when I move a harp I don’t like to have help, now that I know how to do it correctly and I have my own harpmobile. That’s just the way my parents raised me, I guess 🙂

    Vince

    in reply to: How do you do it? #109832
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    If it makes you feel any better, I’m a guy – but I’m 5’4″ and 105 lbs.

    in reply to: Funeral music #109838
    vincent-pierce
    Participant

    A really beautiful (but very sad) piece is Dido’s Lament from Dido and Aeneas by Purcell. There is a very lovely arrangement that I found online. I don’t remember how I got it, but I could send you a copy if you would like. Here is a link to a video with text: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnQQ4_Jpd8. It’s really beautiful, but I would play it for your client beforehand, because they may not want such somber music for their loved one’s funeral. I hope this helps. Good luck, as I’m sure this is an entirely different challenge than a wedding.
    Vince

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 127 total)