harpcolumn

Guess What I Got…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Guess What I Got…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vince-pierce
    Participant

It’s 75 1/4″ tall, weighs 85 lbs, is made of hard maple and spruce, and has red and silver racing stripes. It also has seven pedals and 47 strings. To give you a hint, I’ve included a picture below (if it works). Now, who can guess how many miles I drove to pick it up? 🙂

vince-pierce
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to post the picture…so here is a link to my Picasa photo album:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/flootloops/MyHarp?feat=directlink

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

The red and silver stripes have to mean it’s a new Salzedo!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Vince,

It’s beautiful!!

brook-boddie
    Participant

Congratulations, Vince!!

andy-b
    Participant

Congratulations, Vince! There’s nothing like getting a new harp, is there? I hope you have many happy years with your new harp!

Andy

tony-morosco
    Participant

Well, since you sent me the story of the whole adventure on Facebook it would be cheating for me to guess at your questions, so I will just say once more Congratulations.

It is a beautiful harp.

kay-lister

Vince, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

vince-pierce
    Participant

Thanks!!!

My harp is four years old. I bought it from a harpist in Wisconsin who took very good care of it. It has a huge ringing sound that I absolutely love. It sort of ‘sings’ in a way, because it is so resonant. I also love the wide spacing. The harp has even darkened just a bit in its four years, so it is really in its prime. The Salzedo is really a striking harp (and very manly – surely you remember that post!). It suits me quite well, and several people have told me that already. Another great thing is that it fits in my car with extra space. I really couldn’t believe it fit so easily when I first picked it up in Wisconsin (I actually drove because it was too hot to ship). That was definitely a long trip, but well worth it! I’m currently ressurecting my blog so I’ll post more about that trip soon. I also ordered a custom bench from BBR Woodworks, which will be very nice to have. It should be able to fit on the dolly with the harp so I don’t have to make an extra trip for it, and I’ll be able to sit at the right height for my harp, which is quite tall. I’m only 5’4″ (apparently so was Salzedo), so I have to sit pretty high to play most concert grands.

I’m so happy to finally have a harp of my own, and especially to have the harp I’ve always wanted. It’s actually taking a while to sink in…but I know once I get to perform on it that will be the real reward. I guess I better go practice!!!

🙂

vince-pierce
    Participant

Kay, I’m glad to hear that! Maybe our harps can have a play date sometime…lol 🙂

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Vince, how do you do that (fit the bench on the harp cart with the harp)? Congratulations on your new harp. Love that Salzedo styling!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

It just sounds wonderful, Vince!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.