harpcolumn

Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Harp Instruction In San Antonio TX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Caldeira
    Participant

Hello everyone. I am wanting to start lessons again and need help finding a teacher in San Antonio. I have played off and on for six years and am finally at a point where I can start to concentrate on the harp. All of my previous lessons was french school and I would prefer a instructor who teaches in that style.

Thanks.

vince-pierce
    Participant

Laurie Buchanan teaches at UTSA. She is an Eastman graduate and studied with Grandjany. She is the only harp teacher I know of in the San Antonio area. Hope that helps!
    Vince

Eric Caldeira
    Participant

Thank you Vince and Hannah, I really appreciate your help with this. I will try to contact Ms. Buchanan as soon as possible, I hope she is able to take me as a student.

vince-pierce
    Participant

Hi Hannah, I didn’t know you were in San Antonio! I go there at least once a year for TMEA. I’m assuming your teacher teaches Salzedo method? I didn’t know there were any teachers other than Ms. Buchanan in SA. Funny thing is, my teacher at Baylor is also Ms. Buchanan, but no relation. She also teaches Salzedo method.
    Vince

vince-pierce
    Participant

Hannah,
    That’s awesome that your teacher studied with Salzedo. I was also in the 4A Symphonic Band (on clarinet) in 2003…which was quite some time ago! The bands are huge, that’s for sure. That’s great that you got to play with them though.
    Vince

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.