Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
tony-morosco
ParticipantNow Carl, be nice :^)
I’m thinking more along the lines of getting him to play something other than a L&H style 23.
tony-morosco
ParticipantThat would depend on the type of music. I wouldn’t even try to compare a
tony-morosco
ParticipantSounds like a sweet harp. Congratulations.
tony-morosco
ParticipantWhat Catherine and
tony-morosco
ParticipantI am speechless Saul. Now I am trying to think of how we can corrupt you further.
tony-morosco
ParticipantI have a Camac 30 string electroharp.
I have played on a Silhouette and I have held Deborah’s Blue Light and heard it played.
In terms of “better”, they are all good. The Silhouette sounds different from the Camac harps, and the camac harps all have a similar sound to one another. So if you want to go with the Camac vs the L&H is a matter of preference for the tone.
The Silhouette is lighter then my harp, which I personally find too heavy to strap on even at only 30 strings, although Deborah didn’t seem to have much problem when she was using the same harp.
It would have been nice to have the extra strings, and if I knew then what I know now I would have gone for them. But honestly, if the only option was the 30 strings then I would have gotten the same harp I picked.
Now I would choose the Blue Light. It sounds just as good, and is so much lighter that it is no contest to me. If they made a larger version that would be perfection in my mind.
I would still probably go for the Blue Light now even without the extra strings. The weight is more of an issue for me than the lack of strings. A little creative arranging and almost anything that can be played on the 36 string can be reworked to be playable on the BL.
tony-morosco
ParticipantIndeed. Ruth Played for the ABC, NBC and CBS orchestras at various times. Nice work if you could get it.
tony-morosco
ParticipantAnd her hand position would only come close to something correct if she had been playing on a wire strung Celtic harp. Thumbs completely down and fingers like claws. She did move in time with the music, but what she was doing would not have produced those notes. At one point she was plaing a gliss, but the harp was playing an arpeggio run.
tony-morosco
ParticipantI’m 90% sure it isn’t Ruth. Ruth is very small, with small hands. Those hands look much bigger than Ruth to me.
tony-morosco
ParticipantThe problem for me with this question is that the tone I prefer varies depending on the music I am playing. There is no one ideal tone for me. Only an ideal tone for the music I am playing at the moment.
tony-morosco
ParticipantRosiland,
Clear tune also is automatic. At the center of the round dial is a little lock icon. It looks like half a lock actually.If it is red you have to set the dial to the note you want. Tap it and it turns white. Then it will automatically center on the tone like the others.
tony-morosco
ParticipantIndeed. My teacher was the best teacher of any kind I ever had.
tony-morosco
ParticipantI’ve always considered Fs to be blue, and black Fs to be idiosyncratic to some string makers. I rarely see black Fs.
tony-morosco
ParticipantWhat Tayce said. To be sure you either need to measure the gauge of the strings, or send off examples for each string to a supplier willing to measure them and find the right replacement.
tony-morosco
ParticipantI prefer black because it can fit both modern and classic styles. My pedal harp is black and it looks good in almost every setting.
That said, while harpcicles are great little travel harps, and good around the campfire, they really aren’t well suited for what you want to use it for. There are other small harps that, while a little more expensive, would be much better suited.
However, all that said, so long as the instrument itself is not a piece of junk then you should get what you want. You are the one who will be buying it and playing it. You don’t have to justify what you choose to anyone.
-
AuthorPosts