harpcolumn

How to purchase harp strings

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories How to purchase harp strings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

I have a 36 string Celtic harp which was custom made by a friend (not a kit). I need to purchase a new set of strings after several broke while restringing after a repair. The bottom 5 are wire wrapped, and the next 5 are nylon wrapped, the rest are nylon. Because the harp’s not from a kit, and I’ve been told a harp can be ruined if the correct strings are not used, I’m stuck. I have lost track of the friend so can’t ask him. Thanks for any help you can offer.

unknown-user
    Participant

Sylvia Woods has an amazing string chart, and you could try and contact their website.

http://www.harpcenter.com/category/other-lever-harp-strings

This link could possibly help you, but if not try and contact them to see if they can help.

Check the inside of the soundbox to see if there’s a name on it, you could hopefully get in touch with the friend that made it?

I hope this helps, God bless!

— Natalie

Tacye
    Participant

Do you have a micrometer to measure the strings?

tony-morosco
    Participant

What Tayce said. To be sure you either need to measure the gauge of the strings, or send off examples for each string to a supplier willing to measure them and find the right replacement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.