sherry-lenox

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 747 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Nothing to do with ANYTHING! #109740
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Hmmmm. I think it has a great deal to do with harps, especially playing them. I often run across note patterns that need the player to seemingly do two opposing things at the same time- inversions of seven chords in contrary motion for example.

    in reply to: High School Audition #85876
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    I looked up NY State, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, Pennsylvania had what looked like a graded list, and didn’t say exactly what the graded solos were for.

    Virginia and NY State required membership in the specific organization in order to access the info. I guess you’d have to do a state by state search. Maybe if other people read your request, they’ll post the audition materials from their states.

    in reply to: High School Audition #85875
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Only one solo listed on the NJ All-State Solo Audition List- First Arabesque – Debussy-Salzedo.

    in reply to: High School Audition #85873
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Have you or the students checked with your state music educator’s group? In my state, a list of solos and basic requirements

    in reply to: Thinking ahead #85917
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Mel, I’m so glad to hear your positive comments about the Pozzoli Etudes. Even some of the ones from the first collection (published in the Grossi book) are really lovely to play.

    My teacher hasn’t mentioned the second book, but I bought it when I started to really get into the first set, so maybe she’ll let me start some of those instead of the Bochsa that I can’t seem to find.

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84196
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    If it’s at all helpful I study with a student of Jamet who started me in Grossi/Pozzoli (in the same volume). I’m almost finished going through the G/P for the first time, and we will be beginning the Bochsa “Fifty Progressive Lessons?” as soon as I can find the correct book.

    Is that the title of the first volume of Boscha Carl? The first book I purchased was incorrect, and I have been asked to get the first 25 etudes, but I’m still not sure I have the right title.

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84909
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    If it’s at all helpful I study with a student of Jamet who started me in Grossi/Pozzoli (in the same volume). I’m almost finished going through the G/P for the first time, and we will be beginning the Bochsa “Fifty Progressive Lessons?” as soon as I can find the correct book.

    Is that the title of the first volume of Boscha Carl? The first book I purchased was incorrect, and I have been asked to get the first 25 etudes, but I’m still not sure I have the right title.

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #85419
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    If it’s at all helpful I study with a student of Jamet who started me in Grossi/Pozzoli (in the same volume). I’m almost finished going through the G/P for the first time, and we will be beginning the Bochsa “Fifty Progressive Lessons?” as soon as I can find the correct book.

    Is that the title of the first volume of Boscha Carl? The first book I purchased was incorrect, and I have been asked to get the first 25 etudes, but I’m still not sure I have the right title.

    in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160500
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Sight reading is the hardest part of music to learn and also the hardest to teach. See if you can find someone who uses the Kodaly method.

    Even though it’s designed for children, a teacher trained in the method

    in reply to: Looking for a harp teacher in the Cream Ridge, NJ area #85965
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    North Jersey? (where’s Cream Ridge?).

    in reply to: Catalogue of orchestral pieces with harp part? #109882
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Received this book yesterday, and it’s just what I was looking for! I bought a used 3rd edition on amazon.com for $15. Great purchase!

    in reply to: OT: St. Patrick’s Day #161109
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Audrey, there was just the most interesting story on our Channel 4 Morning Show about the use of

    in reply to: Catalogue of orchestral pieces with harp part? #109881
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Thank you Elizabeth. I have sent for a copy of this book, and it looks as though it is exactly what I want.

    in reply to: Lever flipping #160561
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    I have a lot of trouble with lever flipping too, I think part of my problem is that I don’t see the lever colors clearly enough to locate them quickly and smoothly. I have seen lever covers in pictures that cover the entire lever, but I don’t know if they’re currently available or not.

    I think they were for Camac levers, or possibly Performance levers. The rings are not too helpful for me on my newish Camac levers with the bands of color at the top of the little handles.

    in reply to: Harp Karaoke #109810
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 747 total)