Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantI have done quite a bit of this at school but I am only an intermediate player. Whenever I took my harp into primary school for a concert I would get loads of people wanting to know about it afterwards. Parents and kids. I have drummed up new pupils for my teacher too but only a few.
Special effects go down well. Bit of sound board rhythmic stuff gets their attention. Boys like plenty of noise, girls like rippling things! They all want to do a gliss and the really keen ones I show closing and opening with one hand, get them to do it in the air then on a few strings to make a tune.
Pedal or lever? Bit of jazz pedal or lever slides or something lloyd webbery or pop goes down well. Make sure you know about cheap harps and rentals. That’s what they all ask about I am afraid for obvious reasons. If you have a small cheaper harp yourself or can borrow one take that with you to drum up business. I don’t think pedal is the best for that – too intimidating frankly although people do love to see and hear a pedal harp and see how they work.
Philly
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantSo glad you enjoyed it.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantNo luck at all needed Kay, she is
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantPhilly here again.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantPhilly here again.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantPhilly here.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantHi Rod,
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantShe is
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantThat sounds
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantSam,
What happened to your college choices in the end?
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantNo one really tells you much about
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantForrester didn’t fit ours. Outback and liberty wagon yes. Mazda 6 wagon a bit less money, harp plus accessories ok and more mod cons but not 4wd. Skoda superb and vw not big enough. Volvo very nice but twice the price. Rav 4 lots of space, didn’t like the feel or interior. Utilitarian would be an understatement. Kluger has similar boot space to rav but rather like a tank. You might get a better one on you side of the world though. We have to have 2 passengers but I guess with left hand drive it is length behind driver that counts for a flat load unlike our right-hand drive.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantMight try a visible timer count down method (have you seen the clocks with red segments that get less and less red as time passes – very useful for lessons as well)
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantJerusha,
Did you know that Camac did some interviews with quite a few people at the Congress – they are accessible from their website.
Philippa mcauliffe
Participanthttp://blitzbooks.com.au/Books/SightReading/SightReadingBook1.aspx
There are two Aussie
-
AuthorPosts