Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI’m the Artistic Director of the Harp Camp at Montclair State University. (located about 15 miles west of NYC.) We have a one-week day camp. Harp ensemble, private lessons, community of other young harpists. Just in the process of finalizing dates. You can email me directly at loretta@silverstrandstudio.com for more information.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberFound a copy. Thanks for your suggestions!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberYes, Zabel but an arrangement by Marcel Grandjany. I am looking for the one edited by K. Bride. I will reach out to her again. Thanks!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI’ve started doing this with my ipad. It works particularly well with adults who can see what they are doing and correct it. Also very helpful to give a view of the LH from the other side of the strings.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI chop and cook, work in the garden and I have two small children so I wash my hands a lot. Oh, and I’m a harpist! Here’s my advice:
Gloves in the garden and for any washing up. Shea butter at bedtime. Also mind the soap you use to wash your hands. Try to find something that actually has olive oil or shea butter in it…sometimes they say they have it but the ingredients show otherwise.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI totally understand! You can let me know via e-mail when you have a chance to get to it and I will send my address an/or other details.
loretta@silverstrandstudio.com
Thanks!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberWOW! Is there any chance I could get copies from you? I can pay you for the copies and mailing costs. Or if you have them scanned, maybe you can send them electronically?
Thank you so much!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberThanks! I’ve contacted her.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberWhat I meant was, I have used Skype as a teacher, to teach others…
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI have used Skype to teach myself. But as a rule, I have never done so with a complete beginner. I think it is too important for the teacher to be right there when developing proper hand position and technique.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberKathleen Bride teaches a Harp Pedagogy class to the harp majors at Eastman.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberToo much…I think I have a problem! But all kidding aside, I agree, we need to keep buying music even the expensive European editions. Let’s face it, the quality is outstanding!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI have been doing this with a student for a few months and would be happy to share my experience with you.
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberI have two adult students. One started harp in her 60’s, the other in her 70’s. So, you are certainly not too old!
loretta-o-driscoll
MemberIn my experience, it is best to go with the flow for each lesson. I focus on technique, of course, but each student has different strengths and weaknesses so you need to tailor the lesson accordingly.
-
AuthorPosts