Gretchen Cover

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 866 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lever harp etudes? #196497

    You are so right. I guess my point is that Godefroid did think of the left hand as being as important as the right. Big change in harp thinking.  Another thought: I wonder if Mes Excercises inspired Carlos Salzdo’s conditioning exercises.

    Addendum:  Just did a key word search “godefroid etudes” and he did write a book of 20 etudes. In going through them, he does work the left hand a lot but there is  more for the right hand, especially trills. He must have excelled at trills because they are very long. This etude book is clearly for advanced harpists and would not have the teaching benefit of your Boscha etudes.

    in reply to: Lever harp etudes? #196488

    Carl, time to revisit the Godefroid Mes Exercises (published in 1891 according to Wikipedia.  No date in the book itself).  Both hands play equally.   I know you have a copy of this.

    in reply to: "Night in Vienna" music #196410

    I found Caprice Viennois by Fritz Kreisler. Very strong, lovely harp part and a beautiful piece over all.   Thank you so much. I found a clip on YouTube in which the composer himself plays the violin part.

    in reply to: "Night in Vienna" music #196352

    Patricia, I am not looking for  music only in the public domain.  The music director uses and pays for music appropriate to the program. I did look up Kreisler and found harp and flute duets.

    in reply to: "Night in Vienna" music #196349

    Thank you both for your suggestions which I  will pursue.

    in reply to: Baby Day by Bernard Andre #196331

    RicHard, I read your post as saying Bird and Peters arranged Teddy Bear’s Picnic and were not the composers. Not to worry.  I appreciate that you took the time to offer this suggestion.

    in reply to: Double-strung Harp saga: redux #196304

    I certainly concur with Balfour that you played beautifully and did a FANTASTIC job on your harp. You should be very proud of such an accomplishment. Look forward to more videos from you.  And, a very nice arrangement of The Ash Grove which really showcases  your little harp’s uniqueness of the double strings.

    in reply to: Baby Day by Bernard Andre #196294

    Richard, I am not familiar with Teddy Bear’s Picnic and was surprised to find all the clips on YouTube – including one by Jerry Garcia. I appreciate the suggestion.  The music you suggested is sight readable, too.

    in reply to: Baby Day by Bernard Andre #196273

    Thank you Donna and Ann for the suggestions.  I appreciate them.

    in reply to: Baby Day by Bernard Andre #196264

    Thank you.  I have checked all Bernard’s music that I could (both on harp music websites and YouTube/Vimeo).He has composed a lot for harp! I wish the harp music websites would show the names of the pieces in his books.  Mr. Andres does not use email so I cannot contact him.

    in reply to: Baby Day by Bernard Andre #196239

    Thank you so much for the suggestions, Donna.

    I am trying to find music for a baby shower and in doing so, I read about a piece composed by Bernard Andres called “Baby Day.”  There are four pieces in the suite:  Play, Siesta, Dance and Stroll. Does anyone know if/where this is available?  I checked all the websites I know of in the US and Europe. Perhaps it is in a book.  None of the websites lists the individual pieces of Andres that are contained in book form.  Thanks for any help.

    in reply to: A Little Night Music Harp Part #196162

    David, you are very generous to share your music with other harpists. Thank you for doing this.

    in reply to: rattling noise #196130

    Your harp is still under warranty, presuming you bought it new. You should contact Salvi Harps directly.  You may want to record the noise and include a sound clip with your email. You may also want to have someone take a phone video while you change the pedal to sharp.  Do not work on your harp before you discuss this with Salvi or you could void your warranty.

    Quite possibly, your harp – rather new or used – just needs a regulation from being shipped such a long distance. Find out if there is a harp tech that services harps in your country.

    in reply to: L&H Prelude 40 – harpmobile #196083

    Romola, I know a car is a big expense but while you are dealing with the harpmobile, consider getting a decent transport cover and base cover to protect your harp.  I was shocked at the price of a Lyon Healy cover so you might want to check Four Seasons harp covers.  You could do well with just a harp cover and base cover.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 866 total)