Baby Day by Bernard Andre

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196235

I am looking for music to play at a baby shower. I read that Bernard Andres composed a suite called “Baby Day.”  Included are four pieces:  “Play,” “Siesta,” “Dance” and “Stroll.”  I cannot find this music anywhere.  Does anyone know if/where it is available?  Thank you.  PS/ Any other suggestion for baby shower music welcome. I have the obvious – Brahm’s Lullaby, Rock-a-bye Baby: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  Thank you.

Participant
    Donna O on #196237

Gretchen,  Can’t help with the Andres’ music but O Sleep my Pretty Baby arr. By Kondanassis is a lovely piece and fairly easy. It is in her DreamSeasons collection   Also: All the Pretty Little Horses.

DonnaO

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196239

Thank you so much for the suggestions, Donna.

Participant
    Donna O on #196240

Gretchen,  I found this on a CD called Baby Harp.  It looks like it was written for an ensemble.  You may need to look for it under his chamber music.

<span class=”piecedata”>Baby Day, for harp ensemble by Bernard Andrès
    <span class=”piecehead”>Performer:</span>  The London Harp Sound ()
    <span class=”piecehead”>Orchestra/Ensemble:</span>  London Harp Sound
    <span class=”piecehead”>Period:</span> Contemporary
    </span> <span class=”piecedata”> <span class=”piecehead”>Length:</span> 9 Minutes 30 Secs.
    </span>

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196264

Thank you.  I have checked all Bernard’s music that I could (both on harp music websites and YouTube/Vimeo).He has composed a lot for harp! I wish the harp music websites would show the names of the pieces in his books.  Mr. Andres does not use email so I cannot contact him.

Participant
    Ann on #196268

If you need music quickly, try the  Hal Leonard Best Children’s Songs Ever Songbook, Kindle Edition from amazon.com, which has chord symbols and easy piano arrangements.

Participant
    Donna O on #196272

You might try contacting Megan Metheny @ greenharp.com.  She plays almost all of Andre’s music. She may be familiar with the music.

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196273

Thank you Donna and Ann for the suggestions.  I appreciate them.

Participant
    richard-hagan on #196290

Hello Gretchen —

There is a fun arrangement for harp of “Teddy Bears’ Picnic” by Chuck Bird and Susan Peters.  It is in the Pops Book 1 published by the Michigan Harp Center.

http://www.michiganharpcenter.com/publications-by-mhc.html

Regards, Richard

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196294

Richard, I am not familiar with Teddy Bear’s Picnic and was surprised to find all the clips on YouTube – including one by Jerry Garcia. I appreciate the suggestion.  The music you suggested is sight readable, too.

Participant
    richard-hagan on #196326

Hello Gretchen

I am assuming that you found that what I wrote implied that Bird and Peters wrote the song itself and not the arrangement for harp! (I was so embarrassed after I hit submit and then re-read what I wrote).

Richard

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #196331

RicHard, I read your post as saying Bird and Peters arranged Teddy Bear’s Picnic and were not the composers. Not to worry.  I appreciate that you took the time to offer this suggestion.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.