Gretchen Cover

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 866 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Invocation for harp and strings, William Lloyd Webber #226872

    Thank you again, Clinton. I did send an email asking if the score was available and how to obtain it. I appreciate your help very much.

    in reply to: Invocation for harp and strings, William Lloyd Webber #226870

    Thank you so much, Clinton. I am going inquire as to why this very short piece cannot be performed in the US. William Lloyd Webber died in 1982. You would think someone would want to keep his music alive.

    in reply to: Invocation for harp and strings, William Lloyd Webber #226836

    Julie, thank you for the tip. I got Nocturne from them, too, but did not find Invocation. However, I will send an email to ask.

    in reply to: Digital tablets …sheet music conversion #226824

    Great that you are making such good progress. Sooner or later, you will find you need the foot pedal. It makes playing so much easier not to have to tap the screen. But, you can deal with that later. There is enough learning curve to just set up your in whatever device you buy. Check out tutorials on YouTube. Make sure they are current, though.

    in reply to: Digital tablets …sheet music conversion #226741

    Soshanna, you can adjust the pixels on your scanner. I scan at 400dbi. You could do 150 or 200, depending on your scanner and what works for you.

    Also, a reminder to put a glass screen protector on your tablet. I think Zagg is the best quality. Zagg may have a glass screen protector to prevent glare. You might want to check. Be sure to use the more expensive glass. Plastic only protects the screen from scratches; glass protects your tablet screen from breaking. I dropped my phone onto my iPad Pro. The screen protector shattered but my iPad was fine. (I have a screen protector on my phone, too.)

    in reply to: Digital tablets …sheet music conversion #226710

    Bill, I have my music on my computer as well as tablet. But what happens if your computer crashes, disappears or is destroyed. You need a back up for your computer, too. I not only have iCloud but I try to remember to back up on an external hard drive, too. However I only do the hard drive every couple months whereas cloud storage is constant. I have peace of mind with iCloud. And, I do know the cloud storage works because I transferred from an iPad Air to iPad Pro.

    in reply to: Digital tablets …sheet music conversion #226699

    Regarding scanning music: The apps do not give you as sharp an image as using a scanner. One of the better scanning apps is Tiny Scanner.

    In addition, it is critical to have a cloud service connected as a back up. I hired a tech to make sure I did this correctly. If your iPad gets damaged, stolen or you change devices, your music and, just as importantly, your edits are safe. I pay $2.99 a month for iCloud storage for my iPad Pro. Dropbox is helpful but it is not cloud storage. Plus, it costs $9.99 a month.

    in reply to: Dubois SEVEN LAST WORDS OF CHRIST #226576

    Nicely done. Thank you so much. You are always so generous.

    I really enjoy seeing/hearing Davy’s progress. He plays so musically – the technique and playing ability will keep getting better over time. He’s a student. The sound quality on the clip is excellent.

    in reply to: Experience with David harps? #226292

    What a BEAUTIFUL harp. Please post a clip when you get the harp. Congratulations! David looks so happy.

    in reply to: Experience with David harps? #226264

    I would contact David harps and ask if there are any harp owners near you to try the harp and learn more. I would certainly look at the harp that is for sale. You may also want to post your question on Facebook Harp Exchange and also Harpists Around the World.

    in reply to: Accountability buddies! #225538

    Perelandra, try out Harp Mastery and decide for yourself if this program works for your needs.

    in reply to: Accountability buddies! #225524

    Harp Mastery is designed to be an add-on for lessons or to help those harpists without access to a teacher. Anne prefers students have lessons in person. I believe you can try Harp Mastery for a month for free.

    in reply to: Accountability buddies! #225476

    You should consider joining the Harp Mastery group run by harpist Anne Sullivan. Anne is a superb teacher and motivator as well as excellent harpist. This group is for both
    lever and pedal harpists. http://www.harpmastery.com

    in reply to: First Time Teacher #225024

    Also you may want to look at the Harp Olympic series by Susann McDonald/Linda Wood Rollo, music by Kathryn Cater and Suzuki harp books.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 866 total)