Experience with David harps?

• Participant
    avdhoeven on #226255

Currently we are looking around a bit for a pedal harp for our son. Quite close there is a David 47 strings pedal harp for sale. I have been looking on the internet but can find almost no information or experiences with these harps.

Are there people here playing these harps or people who do have experience?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  avdhoeven.

Participant
    Tanya Hill on #226260

I have had no personal experience playing these harps.

But here is a link to David Harps website which may be a little helpful!

http://www.david-harps.com

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Tanya Hill.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Tanya Hill.

Participant
    avdhoeven on #226263

Thanks! I had found that site already, but I would like to know if people also played them. There is little to none info about experiences with these harps on the internet.

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #226264

I would contact David harps and ask if there are any harp owners near you to try the harp and learn more. I would certainly look at the harp that is for sale. You may also want to post your question on Facebook Harp Exchange and also Harpists Around the World.

Participant
    Tacye on #226270

I have played David harps briefly at an exhibition and was impressed: liked the tone, responsive instruments.

Participant
    avdhoeven on #226288

We said yes 🙂 He’s so happy… Next week we will get it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Participant
    emma-graham on #226290

Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Like Tayce I tried them at an exhibition and found them to have a really lovely sound.

Participant
    Tanya Hill on #226291

Congratulations!

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #226292

What a BEAUTIFUL harp. Please post a clip when you get the harp. Congratulations! David looks so happy.

Participant
    balfour-knight on #226304

Congratulations Davy! We are so pleased that you have a gorgeous pedal harp and can realize your full potential. We are so happy for you!

Harp hugs,
    Balfour and Carol Lynn

Participant
    avdhoeven on #226409

Thanks for the nice replies! We will pick up the harp tomorrow, so he’s really looking forward to that!

Participant
    balfour-knight on #226416

The waiting must be terrible for Davy! When we found our beautiful grand piano many years ago, it took two weeks before they could deliver it to us, and I was a “basket case,” ha, ha! So, we completely understand having to wait. Best of luck to you all and we know that the harp and Davy will make BEAUTIFUL music soon!
    Harp Hugs,
    B and CL

Participant
    avdhoeven on #226773

Here is a first quick video made with my phone of the sound of the harp. Davy is so happy with it!

Participant
    balfour-knight on #226882

Thanks for posting this! The harp sounds real nice through my headphones–bright, but very deep, like my favorite Camac, the Atlantide Prestige. Davy will very soon be used to changing pedals; it will just become “second nature” to him! His technique is also coming along very well. Best of luck to Davy and all of you in your endeavors!
    Harp Hugs,
    Balfour and Carol Lynn

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.