goatberryfarm2010

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New recording I did. #220023
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    That is lovely, Basel.

    in reply to: Listening recommendations please! #219981
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    Many times, when I try to find the link, it’s a blank space. I don’t know why. I have a relatively new LG phone & I do see the embedded YouTube vids, but could someone type in the German harp site, please?

    in reply to: Camac Bardic 27 as first harp? #219980
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    Sarva, your post resonated with me & I’m looking forward to a photo of you & your harp!
    While I live in the States, I’m still a 4 hr drive to a Music store with harps.
    I will play (when my harp gets here!) for myself, family, & friends. If I get really brave, I’ll play at the nursing home that cared for my mother.
    May you have a wondrous journey.

    in reply to: Harp Dog and Pony Show #219844
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I know this is a very old post, but I love sharing whatever I’m doing with children & handicapped kids, the most.
    Our younger son has epilepsy & psychosis. In school, He struggled; in college,he learned he was dyslexic. Add dysgraphia & ADHD & you’ll see that we were juggling while on fire!
    But, his experiences have changed my life.
    And he’s passionate about music.

    in reply to: Playing w thumb collapse #219761
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    Gretchen, this sort of thing is often hereditary, passing from Mother to daughter. I know where my fingers will go & I’m planning for future fusion of the top finger joints, in time.
    It frightens me, somewhat, to spend so much money on a harp w deteriorating joints, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to quit living just because I have multiple chronic health conditions.

    Allison: I’d be lost without my smartphone, but that’s only because I’m a shut-in most of the time.

    Gretchen, great tip!

    in reply to: Playing w thumb collapse #219714
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I’m sending the check for my first harp, on Friday.
    This is a lifelong dream.
    I plan to speak w my physical therapist for help.
    I have arthritis in all my joints. I’m 62. I don’t doubt I’ll have to work up to a decent practice time & I plan to tape my finger joints..
    Suggestions welcome!

    in reply to: Playing w thumb collapse #219706
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I have osteoarthritis. I had the basal thumb joints replaced, but that failed within a year.
    All 3 joints on both thumbs are severely damaged, with a structure pulling my thumbs toward the palm & often cramping.

    in reply to: Angelus – Renie #219633
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I didn’t say your post was offensive, but I thought the reference to peasant workers only praying the Angelus as an end of day thing, not a prayer, felt off.
    This prayer continues to be prayed & sung, regularly.
    I think the issue is the medium. I’m not accusing – just trying to ask for sensitivity.

    in reply to: Angelus – Renie #219579
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I’m sure no one needs to be reminded, but…
    The Angelus is still prayed, daily, as is the music for the Mass.
    I’m glad you were able to get a little extra info on The Angelus, but please be aware that your comments may come through this medium in a way that angers or hurts another. Text doesn’t reflect tone.
    Just an FYI.

    in reply to: Whether you select to employ…. #219577
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    We’ll be jazzing up our harps! 😉

    in reply to: Teaching Myself (?!) #219576
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    Snoopy Lee, you’re an inspiration! Maybe we both can be! I’ve always wanted to play harp, but when I tried guitar, I failed, utterly. That failure kept me from trying anything else. I was 14 or 15, then.
    Now, I’m 62 & I’m having a harp made at Stoney End. I plan to use both books & Skype.
    I’m totally blown away by yr playing by ear. Keep that & add music theory & you’ll be amazed.

    in reply to: Eye glass needs for harpists? #219558
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    I’ll be getting my first harp this Fall. Jim & I recently had our eye exams & new glasses made, but I spoke with my optometrist about glasses just for playing my harp. He’s all for my bringing my harp to the office. Of course, I’ll be fortunate to be able to play a nursery rhyme….
    Elizabeth, I went directly to bifocals & prisms before turning 40. My heart is with you!

    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    You can tell he likes the piece & it’s exciting to see him work on technique after the judges criticized him, instead of sulking.
    He’s going to do well, keeping the Conservatory in his mind, as a goal.

    in reply to: Humidity #216699
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    Thank you, harpist123!
    I’ll give it a try.

    in reply to: Hello everybody! #216698
    goatberryfarm2010
    Participant

    That song is lovely, Basel. Once you have a job & are able to keep the wolf from the door, perhaps you will find the perfect artist to join you & you could play festivals. That would raise your presence & help you sell yr music. I highly recommend that you get a website & have songs available for download.
    Wishing you the very best!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)