deb-l

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: learning Piano after harp? #104451
    deb-l
    Participant

    they seem very difficult to play to me from appearances, but worth looking into more.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73023
    deb-l
    Participant

    Jessica, I don’t want to see a picture of your harp because of the Ram’s head, I was hoping to see it because I love the old Antique harps and the Erard’s are especially gorgeous.

    in reply to: $400 mystery harp on Craig’s list #73090
    deb-l
    Participant

    I wish I hadn’t said I regret buying this harp.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73019
    deb-l
    Participant

    well, I think it’s a lovely design, and it’s too bad there’s no name to describe it.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73016
    deb-l
    Participant

    maybe this will help, description on the Chamber harp from Mr. Pratt’s website ‘which has a straight fluted or
    faceted column, and a “ram’s head” style rounded front to the neck, above the
    top of the column’

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73015
    deb-l
    Participant

    I understand the different between ram’s head and scroll top now.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73012
    deb-l
    Participant

    Madame Cadilac also has this oval shaped Capital, that is a french style right?

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73011
    deb-l
    Participant

    the Capital, on Pratt harps they have an oval rather than a column shaped piece.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73009
    deb-l
    Participant

    so now am I using the term French Style wrong?

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73008
    deb-l
    Participant

    I thought the rams heads were shaped french style like the scroll tops, thanks for explaining, very confusing.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73005
    deb-l
    Participant
    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #73002
    deb-l
    Participant

    so does that mean the Pratt Dauphine is a scroll top because of the applied carvings of leaves and flowers?

    in reply to: Best Sounding Lever Harp #73067
    deb-l
    Participant

    I don’t think I could choose a ‘best sounding’ harp because I like different harps for different reasons.

    in reply to: ram’s-head harps #72996
    deb-l
    Participant

    hi Jessica, sounds like I have been using the term inaccurately, thanks for pointing that out.

    in reply to: $400 mystery harp on Craig’s list #73089
    deb-l
    Participant

    hi Alissa, I am in New Hartford, in Litchfield County, the NW part of the state.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 961 total)