Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
deb-l
Participantafter having a ‘discussion’ with my son who proved me wrong, the pan pipes were the ancestor of the piano, because it was the first keyed instrument.
deb-l
Participantor was lute next and that started the separation between instruments with fewer strings and frets like violins and guitars vs harps and piano’s that kept a string for every note?
deb-l
Participantwhat was the next instrument after harp?
deb-l
Participantthank you Kay, for your kind words.
deb-l
Participantthanks Shelby, how are you enjoying your harp?
deb-l
Participantthe Prelude is the only thing stopping me from getting the piano.
deb-l
ParticipantJessica, I put the cello up for consignment, if it sells it will pay a good part of the Prelude.
deb-l
ParticipantPatricia, I read a post where you mentioned Betsy Mills before, what a fascinating story!
deb-l
Participantyes I agree, one of my favorite things about the harp is being able to lay my finders right on the strings.
deb-l
Participantso hard to pick a favorite by her, but it I had to, I like her jazz improv best
deb-l
ParticipantSherry, I think the harp is more rewarding to learn how to play accompaniment patterns and timing with two hands because of it’s beautiful tone and the way it resonates.
deb-l
Participanthi Karen,
I needed portability at the beginning because I was moving my harp daily down stairs to play.
deb-l
ParticipantDebora Henson Conant is my one of my favorite performers, I love that video
deb-l
Participantthanks Jessica, I do look at their CPO pedal harps often.
deb-l
ParticipantWill, that stoney end kit looks like a great deal, and it would be fun to work on a kit with my husband.
-
AuthorPosts