Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI would check out the mics from Blue, especially the yetis, if they aren’t too bulky for placement for you:
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThe harp should be in the cab with you.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI remember when the original iPad came out, one of the eBook competitors made a big deal of their non-glare screen.
Apple should have caught up with that by now.
I agree, but also find it ironic that amazon, who had such a valid point in their ads, now is pushing the Kindle Fire which is just as bad as the ipad in this respect.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, they do, but there are two problems:
1. It makes the washing out in bright light even worse.
2. When I tried them on the ipad it ran much hotter. This wasn’t a problem with my old ipod touches, but evidently the screen plays an important role in heat dissipation for the ipad and I’d hesitate to use a screen protector, especially on the new iPad which runs hotter anyway because of the retina screen and the power it takes to run that.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantIt’s pretty bad, I have to say. It’s not just the washout but the reflections. Unfortunately there’s not a huge difference between the new retina screen and the older versions this way. Personally I would much rather have had a matte low glare screen than the extra pixels, but Apple is all about shiny these days.
This is with the old ipad, but the new one isn’t a lot better. Here I was inside a fairly dim room and you’re just seeing the reflections from the sliding glass door behind me:

So I’d say what you’re going to have watch out for is when you’re in shade but the building behind you is catching the sun higher up, things like that.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantForscore is not available for either mac or pc, only for iPad. There is a program called musicreader that would work in windows 7, which is made by the people who make the airturn.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantHi, Alice.
I also crop off all the white margins before I save the PDF so only the music displays on the iPad.
You do know that you can do this in forscore itself and save that step? Just use the slider in the metadata section.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantPeople played the harp for centuries before there was air conditioning. They can stand it. Just keep it out of direct sunlight. If the house is bearable for you, it’s bearable for your harp, too. 🙂
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOne thing I do with my finale files for ipad is to increase the size of the noteheads before making the pdf to make them easier to see in the smaller format.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantCatherine, scan, very definitely. If you take a photo you will get all sorts of shadows and such and probably larger files, too. My canon scanner lets me scan directly to a black and white pdf.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, I usually just use itunes, since I sync regularly anyway. It really doesn’t add much time at all–you just drop the music into the forscore section of the apps pane and it’s pretty much instantaneous.
You can also send scores over bluetooth to someone else on a gig, and some apps, like the one for musicnotes, check automatically to see if there’s anything you’ve bought but not downloaded to the ipad and offer to fetch it for you.
But the time consuming part is getting the music into pdf form, not getting it to the ipad.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantIt also has 9, but I have the lotus light, too, and that doesn’t put out as much light as the mighty bright (at least my older Lotus doesn’t), which has the newer style LEDs, which are both brighter and dimmable (a high and a low setting).
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOrchestra, definitely. Lots more LEDs in it.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, I was wondering about that, too. You’ll note that on the Sylvia Woods site they mention that the string chart is different for harps of those models made after 2005. I would check with triplett to be sure you’re using the right strings.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantWhen you say near the top, do you mean right at the tuning pin or bridge pin? Is is usually the same strings that break repeatedly? It’s possible there is a burr that you could smooth out with dental floss or abrasive cord, if so.
Are the ones that break strings with a wire core?
-
AuthorPosts