Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, there’s nothing like slow. The way my teacher had us do scales was to play one octave as quarter notes (so you can really focus on your position) followed by two octaves eighth notes, three octaves eighth triplets, four octaves 16th notes, and you had to be able to go up and down at least ten times with the 16th notes without stumbling before you could move the metronome up one notch.
(BTW, most methods don’t think you should ever lead with your wrist/arm when playing scales.)
barbara-brundage
ParticipantWell, it’s no worse than any of the others, but none of them have the same coverage as an old fashioned electric stand light with the highest wattage aquarium tube bulb. I’m good with it for three pages, but four…
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI would say either the LED kliplite:
or the Mighty Bright Orchestra Light:
http://www.mightybright.com/Music-Lights/LED-Orchestra-Light
I have both (and also the Lotus light), and of the three I prefer the Mighty Bright, which has two light settings and can run on electricity if you need to do that.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantCarl, you may be able to find this out yourself, at least if you have the original email as a forwarded message. You’re using a Mac, right? Which version of OS X and do you use the built-in mail.app or something like entourage?
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI don’t know that arrangement, but the standard piano sheet music is quite playable on a lever harp.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantNo, there’s not a lot of harp and piano music, but there’s a ton of duo harp music and you can just let the piano play the other part.
September 5, 2012 at 10:55 pm in reply to: Could you help: Arrangements for intermediate level for songs like Moon River, Over the rainbow, Summertime etc.? #103018barbara-brundage
ParticipantOh, and Paul also did Moon River. Angi Bemiss has an arrangement, too.
September 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm in reply to: Could you help: Arrangements for intermediate level for songs like Moon River, Over the rainbow, Summertime etc.? #103017barbara-brundage
ParticipantFor Summertime, Mimi Allen had one in the old Salvi Pop Series that had a shorter version for lever harp and a longer one for pedal harp. I don’t think it’s still available as a single sheet but it’s in one of the collections of those pieces.
Also, Louise Trotter has both lever and pedal arrangements. I haven’t seen them, but I’ve seen her play the lever harp version and it’s probably easier than Mimi Allen’s.
Paul Baker also has a pedal harp version, which is published by Vanderbilt, but I don’t know anything about what it’s like.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThanks, glad you like it. Unfortunately that book IS out print right now, since there’s one copyright holder who just can’t be bothered to renew our license for their part of one of the pieces in it. 🙁
But at least Ray’s books are easy to find.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantDid you look at the link in my reply? As Jennifer said, they’re available just about everywhere.
barbara-brundage
Participantbarbara-brundage
ParticipantTry it sometime. What they say and what is aren’t the same at all (speaking as someone whose home address is marked on google maps just because I used to have a business line so that I could be in the yellow pages). I’ve tried for many years to get them to remove it, and it’s still there.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThe very easiest version I know of is in the Marilyn Marzuki Christmas book, but it’s pretty basic, mostly just the melody.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantUnfortunately, it absolutely doesn’t matter. Once something is google cached, it’s there forever, even if the original page disappears.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantFor me, nobody has ever called it a harpsichord, but people often call it a harpischord. If not that, then a cello, pronounced sell-o.
-
AuthorPosts