column

Starry,Starry Night ( Vincent)

Home Forums Repertoire Starry,Starry Night ( Vincent)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donna O
    Participant

Does anyone know if the Mclean/Lovelace arrangement is playable on a lever harp? This is the only arrangement I can find and it’s for pedal harp.
    DonnaO

diane-michaels
    Spectator

You can see the intro by searching for this arrangement at the Harp Connection website – it is definitely a pedal harp intro. I don’t know this arrangement, so I don’t know what else lies in store, but the accidentals in the original version aren’t very difficult to accommodate on lever harp, I imagine. (I don’t play the tune, but a quick listen, it sounds like you’ll flip a C to sharp for the occasional A major chord and back again. The bridge might involve another borrowed chord, too.)

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Hi Donna,
    I just purchased the piece this past weekend, and while I haven’t gotten into it, John Wickey (Atlanta Harp Center) played it for me and it’s a beautiful arrangement. It’s written in the key of G. I tend to agree the intro and closing is pedal harp, but just glancing through it, the melody has some changes on “C”. Maybe adaptable to lever harp if you do a completely different intro and closing? Maybe someone more experienced with the piece can comment. Have you looked for a simple piano version you can embelish? Best of luck. Sherj

barbara-brundage
    Participant

I don’t know that arrangement, but the standard piano sheet music is quite playable on a lever harp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.