Could you help: Arrangements for intermediate level for songs like Moon River, Over the rainbow, Summertime etc.?

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    Anja G on #103014

Hello,

I wanted to ask, whether you could give me some advice on sheet music for popular songs like “Moon River”, “Over the rainbow”, “Summertime” etc.?
    I am looking for arrangements (lever or pedal, both are fine) that are not too hard to play, I am not an advanced player! I played “Angel” in an arrangement of Paul Baker and found that quite nicely, so this is the kind of level I am on! Do any of you have any suggestions? I would be very happy and thankful!
    Thanks and greetings, Anja

Participant
    andy-b on #103015

Hi, Anja:

Sylvia Woods has an arrangement of “Over the Rainbow” for lever harp that is quite nice. It’s also available as a PDF, so you can download it and print it from your computer.

Cheers,

Andy

Participant
    Anja G on #103016

Hi Andy,
    thank you very much, I think I will try this! Did you play it yourself?
    Greetings from Anja

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #103017

For Summertime, Mimi Allen had one in the old Salvi Pop Series that had a shorter version for lever harp and a longer one for pedal harp. I don’t think it’s still available as a single sheet but it’s in one of the collections of those pieces.

Also, Louise Trotter has both lever and pedal arrangements. I haven’t seen them, but I’ve seen her play the lever harp version and it’s probably easier than Mimi Allen’s.

Paul Baker also has a pedal harp version, which is published by Vanderbilt, but I don’t know anything about what it’s like.

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #103018

Oh, and Paul also did Moon River. Angi Bemiss has an arrangement, too.

Participant
    Amber M on #103019

Rojean Loucks has arrangements for (I think) all of them…I know she has Over the Rainbow and Moon River for sure.

Spectator
    Stephanie on #103020

Angi Bemiss has an excellent arrangement of “Moon River” and has arranged many pop and Broadway standards.

Participant
    lisa-fenwick on #103021

I play all of the songs

Participant
    Anja G on #103022

Hello to you all,
    thank you very much for your advice, they were very helpful to me and I will definitely try out several of your sugegstions!
    Thanks a lot to you all,
    Anja

Participant
    unknown-user on #103023

I am a harpist and I love the arrangements of Sharon Watson. Check out the link below for her American Standards book… There are a lot of what you mentioned. Great stuff!!!!

http://store.sharonwatsonmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86_19_16&products_id=484

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.