harpcolumn

Could you help: Arrangements for intermediate level for songs like Moon River, Over the rainbow, Summertime etc.?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Could you help: Arrangements for intermediate level for songs like Moon River, Over the rainbow, Summertime etc.?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anja G
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to ask, whether you could give me some advice on sheet music for popular songs like “Moon River”, “Over the rainbow”, “Summertime” etc.?
    I am looking for arrangements (lever or pedal, both are fine) that are not too hard to play, I am not an advanced player! I played “Angel” in an arrangement of Paul Baker and found that quite nicely, so this is the kind of level I am on! Do any of you have any suggestions? I would be very happy and thankful!
    Thanks and greetings, Anja

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Anja:

Sylvia Woods has an arrangement of “Over the Rainbow” for lever harp that is quite nice. It’s also available as a PDF, so you can download it and print it from your computer.

Cheers,

Andy

Anja G
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    thank you very much, I think I will try this! Did you play it yourself?
    Greetings from Anja

barbara-brundage
    Participant

For Summertime, Mimi Allen had one in the old Salvi Pop Series that had a shorter version for lever harp and a longer one for pedal harp. I don’t think it’s still available as a single sheet but it’s in one of the collections of those pieces.

Also, Louise Trotter has both lever and pedal arrangements. I haven’t seen them, but I’ve seen her play the lever harp version and it’s probably easier than Mimi Allen’s.

Paul Baker also has a pedal harp version, which is published by Vanderbilt, but I don’t know anything about what it’s like.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Oh, and Paul also did Moon River. Angi Bemiss has an arrangement, too.

Amber M
    Participant

Rojean Loucks has arrangements for (I think) all of them…I know she has Over the Rainbow and Moon River for sure.

Stephanie
    Spectator

Angi Bemiss has an excellent arrangement of “Moon River” and has arranged many pop and Broadway standards.

lisa-fenwick
    Participant

I play all of the songs

Anja G
    Participant

Hello to you all,
    thank you very much for your advice, they were very helpful to me and I will definitely try out several of your sugegstions!
    Thanks a lot to you all,
    Anja

unknown-user
    Participant

I am a harpist and I love the arrangements of Sharon Watson. Check out the link below for her American Standards book… There are a lot of what you mentioned. Great stuff!!!!

http://store.sharonwatsonmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86_19_16&products_id=484

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies