• Participant
    adam-b-harris on #103225

A Sitar. Others?

Participant
    anita-burroughs-price on #103226

A harpsichord.

Participant
    Mark Duncan on #103227

I sometimes work out of town, so I take my lap harp to practice. The guys I work with refer to it as “That Thing You play”

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #103228

For me, nobody has ever called it a harpsichord, but people often call it a harpischord. If not that, then a cello, pronounced sell-o.

Participant
    Amber M on #103229

Some guys saw me carrying the harp in its case and asked if it was a MANPAD. ;-)

Participant
    sara-l on #103230

Flying home from a gig last week, a fellow passenger told me that my harp (in its case, strapped into a seat) looked like Gumby.

jennifer-buehler on #103231

French Horn.

Spectator
    Sid Humphreys on #103232

A few weeks ago, while loading up my harp in the carport, a girl stopped and asked if that was a cello.

A few years earlier, a man asked me how long I had been playing the harpoon!

Participant
    adam-b-harris on #103233

These are great. I am glad that rural Western Australia is not the only place where ignorance exists. I’d forgotten there is a journalist in a neighbouring town that has written about me and my harpsichord on a number of occasions. Damn I wish I had one of those.

cc-chiu on #103234

I was at a festival in Belgium and people were asking whether I was carrying a grand piano (I’ve got a bardic 27)… To clarify, a grand piano is a ‘vleugel’ (wing) in Dutch. And the harp in its travel case looks a little bit like a wing…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.