harpcolumn

Strange things people have called your harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Strange things people have called your harp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    adam-b-harris
    Participant

A Sitar. Others?

A harpsichord.

Mark Duncan
    Participant

I sometimes work out of town, so I take my lap harp to practice. The guys I work with refer to it as “That Thing You play”

barbara-brundage
    Participant

For me, nobody has ever called it a harpsichord, but people often call it a harpischord. If not that, then a cello, pronounced sell-o.

Amber M
    Participant

Some guys saw me carrying the harp in its case and asked if it was a MANPAD. ;-)

sara-l
    Participant

Flying home from a gig last week, a fellow passenger told me that my harp (in its case, strapped into a seat) looked like Gumby.

French Horn.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

A few weeks ago, while loading up my harp in the carport, a girl stopped and asked if that was a cello.

A few years earlier, a man asked me how long I had been playing the harpoon!

adam-b-harris
    Participant

These are great. I am glad that rural Western Australia is not the only place where ignorance exists. I’d forgotten there is a journalist in a neighbouring town that has written about me and my harpsichord on a number of occasions. Damn I wish I had one of those.

cc-chiu

I was at a festival in Belgium and people were asking whether I was carrying a grand piano (I’ve got a bardic 27)… To clarify, a grand piano is a ‘vleugel’ (wing) in Dutch. And the harp in its travel case looks a little bit like a wing…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies