Audrey Nickel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159791
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I assumed you meant pedal harps, Bernhard,

    in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159788
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I think you’re thinking of pedal harps, Bernhard.

    in reply to: Has anyone else noticed… #159923
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I’m trying to think of what they could be doing that would require them to take the site off-line.

    in reply to: Clarsita gets strapped! #159961
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Sorry this has taken so long…it’s been quite a week!

    Aodhán’s soundbox, at the base, is 3.5″ deep, or 4.5″ if you include where the pillar juts out from the soundbox, and 11″ wide (from side to side).

    Audrey

    in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159784
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Hi Liam,

    Yes…thanks for reminding me.

    in reply to: Weird question #159488
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Just thought I’d chime in and add that this is exactly the method Laurie Riley recommends in her “The Harper’s Handbook” for carrying a harp that is too big to be picked up by the pillar (which is going to be most harps other than lap harps).

    in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159779
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I should clarify…I haven’t restrung that F.

    in reply to: Removing lingering purfume smell #108995
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    It may take a few days, but the scent will in all likelihood eventually go away.

    I’m often surprised at how easily harps pick up odors (or maybe we just notice it more, because they rest near our faces).

    in reply to: keys #159974
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Yep…should have been A minor.

    in reply to: keys #159971
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Well, it pretty much depends on:

    1) How you’re tuned

    2) Which levers you have set (assuming a lever harp here)

    If you’re trying to figure it out from sheet music, it depends on the sharps and flats in the key signature.

    Generally speaking, if you’re tuned to a diatonic C scale (i.e., C to C, with no sharps or flats), you’re going to be in either the key of C major or or B minor.

    Redwolf

    in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159776
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Karen…it’s not brass wound…just straight brass (no wound strings on this harp).

    in reply to: Clarsita gets strapped! #159959
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Looks nice! And a good, sturdy arrangement too! You’re a busy fellow, Liam!

    Meanwhile, Aodhán is busily learning “Silent Night.”

    in reply to: frustrated with prices #160007
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I drove with a harp into Canada just this past summer…two harps, in fact.

    in reply to: frustrated with prices #160003
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    The first thing that springs to mind is to have a friend in the U.S. order it and drive it across the border.

    Not the best option, I know.

    in reply to: what kind of harp should I buy #159833
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Amanda,

    I bought my Ravenna with C and F levers, and that lasted me a good, long time.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 547 total)