Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI went all the way up to pitch twice yesterday, and actually got it to hold long enough to play a simple tune.
We did have to take one set of the strings off because one of the pins was out significantly farther than the others, causing one of the strings to be completely offset, and putting a lot of stress on the pin.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYou know, the two of you should consider joining the Wire Harp list at Yahoo (if you haven’t already).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantDennis…did you ever get a hold of Muis?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAnother good thing to practice is finger independence.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHis email should work…I communicated with him via email just the other day.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantLiam…I’m tuning, not playing, so what you’re seeing is my thumb on the tuning key.
I tried my Triplett lap bar with Aodhán, and it worked beautifully with some additional modification.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHey everybody…meet Aodhán!
We put the strings on last night, and I’m starting the tuning process now.
Not a very flattering picture of my growing-out hair, but you’re all just looking at the harp, right? 😉
The chair I’m using isn’t ideal, as it’s too high.
December 31, 2008 at 12:53 am in reply to: If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)… #161781Audrey Nickel
ParticipantDusty Strings definitely got a lot of things right on the Ravenna.
December 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm in reply to: If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)… #161779Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIf anyone wants to see this show and missed it, it’s now available in the archives.
Go to http://www.tg4.tv
Choose “Cláir Eile — Carlann” from among the buttons at left (whatever program is currently on may load while you’re doing this, but it will stop when you enter the archives)
Choose “Féilte i San Francisco” from the program menu (currently it’s the very first one)
After a brief buffering period, the program will load and start playing.
December 29, 2008 at 11:33 pm in reply to: If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)… #161778Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI thought for a second they weren’t going to get us in there!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI do have to admit, though, that I’ve made one change to the arrangement.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’m playing it at about half speed at the moment, as I just put the two hands together (I can play the right at a pretty good clip by itself).
December 28, 2008 at 9:13 pm in reply to: If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)… #161772Audrey Nickel
ParticipantActually, I just realized that I’d gotten my time zones backward again.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantJust out of curiousity, does it look anything like this:
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYou should have a straight diatonic scale.
-
AuthorPosts