Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
adam-b-harris
ParticipantHendrix worked as a session musician for Little Richard and Sam Cooke and others, so I imagine there was a good chance that he could read but I take your point though.
adam-b-harris
ParticipantIts a great discussion topic in any case. Got my imagination going.
adam-b-harris
ParticipantApril 1st anyone?
adam-b-harris
ParticipantMany people on this board should be able to give you various options. What exactly is it that they have already installed in the restaurant?
adam-b-harris
Participantoh yeah, you are going to need the link:
adam-b-harris
ParticipantRibbon mics do not use phantom power. Do not use phantom power with ribbon mics. Very bad idea.
adam-b-harris
ParticipantIsn’t it supposed to be a wet paper bag?
February 21, 2012 at 10:27 pm in reply to: When the party runs into overtime- with no referee #146477adam-b-harris
ParticipantIf your batting rate of clients from hell is one in two hundred, you must be pretty good at weeding out the problem ones at the inquiry stage, well done.
adam-b-harris
ParticipantI’m with Carl on this one, I think people underestimate the effect a player has on an instrument. I sat in on a drum clinic in university once and a whole bunch of drummers hopped up on this trap kit in the studio one by one and played a simple beat. All playing the same thing, yet sounding so different, all sorts of different tonal qualities coming out, some good, some not so.
adam-b-harris
ParticipantYeah that was pretty funny. 10 points.
January 8, 2012 at 12:20 pm in reply to: Prejudice against pros who play small harps- folk, lever, or small pedal harps #146682adam-b-harris
ParticipantAmazing. Reminds me of a story a jazz guitarist friend I went to college with told me. He was trying to get his jazz trio into one of the clubs here and the club manager kept on insisting that he would only book them if they had a big guitar. After many frustrating minutes of conversation (big guitar – what you mean a gretsch or something?), it turns out the booker was referring to an upright bass.
Apparently big guitars just look better so they must sound better, and proper jazz combos should have big guitars. This is a quality venue and you have no business turning up without a big guitar. Probably what the thing is with harps as well.
Well you have to remember I live out in the sticks……
adam-b-harris
ParticipantIn December 2010 I did a solo Christmas gig at a festival outdoors. Was doing a 30 minute set to mayber 150 people. Anyway, I’m going down really well with the crowd and halfway through the set I hear fire engine sirens. I look down the road and sure enough its a fire engine and the fat guy with the red suit is on it giving away presents and free stuff to everybody that went over there.
Score that day: Santa 150 – Adam Nil
adam-b-harris
ParticipantPretty sure that this tune is
adam-b-harris
ParticipantExcellent, I would dearly love to subscribe to this, but living in Australia makes it a bit not so much worth it. Thank you for your efforts.
adam-b-harris
Participanthttp://www.folkharp.com/product/a-lap-harp-standing-tall-by-harper-tasche
its a start anyway. I seem to remember this topic came up in a thread in the last 6 months ago and there are a number of books out there.
-
AuthorPosts