plugging into existing sounds systems

• Participant
    elizabeth-motter on #146303

Hi,
    Does anyone have experience with plugging a harp into an existing PR system in a restaurant? Any suggestions for equipment?
    Thanks!

Participant
    adam-b-harris on #146304

Many people on this board should be able to give you various options. What exactly is it that they have already installed in the restaurant?

Participant
    onita-sanders on #146305

This is so very, very easy. Since they have a system, it means they have mikes. Just unplug the mike from the cord and connect your mike on to the cord.

Participant
    elizabeth-motter on #146306

Thanks!

Participant
    elizabeth-motter on #146307

I do not have anything installed in my harp, was looking for suggestions as to what I would need. I am waiting to hear what the restaurant has for a plug-in. Probably a 1/4″ jack.

Participant
    onita-sanders on #146308

There is nothing you really have to install. If you do not have a mike, you can get for about $20-25 a mike stand. Or you can take their exsiting mike

Participant
    unknown-user on #146309

I’ve done this several times over the years – be sure that the speaker system you go into can handle the extended range of the harp without distortion or overloading particularly around the 5th octave – couple of the places I was at had very low quality speakers in the ceiling and could not take the range of the harp – definitely try to have a sound check before the event – I prefer transducer pickups so that you don’t pick up ambient noise – also many of them have a pre-amp with volume and tone controls that you can adjust during the job without having to find someone to adjust the PA system controls – if you can set it up, the advantage is that you get really nice even coverage of the event without blasting in one area – my current amp has a line out which can send my sound to their PA which is also a nice addition – have fun

Participant
    onita-sanders on #146310

What wonderful insights.

Participant
    elizabeth-motter on #146311

Thank you!

Participant
    elizabeth-motter on #146312

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.