harpcolumn

plugging into existing sounds systems

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists plugging into existing sounds systems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Hi,
    Does anyone have experience with plugging a harp into an existing PR system in a restaurant? Any suggestions for equipment?
    Thanks!

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Many people on this board should be able to give you various options. What exactly is it that they have already installed in the restaurant?

onita-sanders
    Participant

This is so very, very easy. Since they have a system, it means they have mikes. Just unplug the mike from the cord and connect your mike on to the cord.

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Thanks!

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

I do not have anything installed in my harp, was looking for suggestions as to what I would need. I am waiting to hear what the restaurant has for a plug-in. Probably a 1/4″ jack.

onita-sanders
    Participant

There is nothing you really have to install. If you do not have a mike, you can get for about $20-25 a mike stand. Or you can take their exsiting mike

unknown-user
    Participant

I’ve done this several times over the years – be sure that the speaker system you go into can handle the extended range of the harp without distortion or overloading particularly around the 5th octave – couple of the places I was at had very low quality speakers in the ceiling and could not take the range of the harp – definitely try to have a sound check before the event – I prefer transducer pickups so that you don’t pick up ambient noise – also many of them have a pre-amp with volume and tone controls that you can adjust during the job without having to find someone to adjust the PA system controls – if you can set it up, the advantage is that you get really nice even coverage of the event without blasting in one area – my current amp has a line out which can send my sound to their PA which is also a nice addition – have fun

onita-sanders
    Participant

What wonderful insights.

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Thank you!

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics