harpcolumn

your visit card Design,what do you write there?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists your visit card Design,what do you write there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello dear friends,i am going to do my visit card,and i will be very happy to listen to your suggestions and idea’s. what to write on a very

Brandee Younger
    Participant

A business card?

Simple is probably the best way to go.

Your Name, Title (harpist), Email, Website.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I agree with Brandee. You need your name and contact information.

Over the years I’ve simplified my card and put just the basics on it, in larger print. I do have a drawing of a pedal harp on there so there’s no mistake on what I’m offering, particularly if the person who takes the card doesn’t read English.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

Because people’s eyes are drawn first to a picture, it is a good idea to put a design or photo on the left side of the card. Then people can comfortably read from left to right (at least in English, German and the Romance languages) and are not jumping around trying to find your information.

After the picture keep it simple. Name, phone number, email address and Web site are most important. Many harpists do not put their home addresses on a business card for security reasons. (You are usually handing out the card when you are not home and in bigger cities that is not always a good idea.)

If you want to limit your business to weddings, say so. Otherwise something like “Elegant music for special occasions” covers a lot of bases.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I would suggest the following:

1) Your name in big letters
    2) a description. Harpist. Or Harpist and harp teacher. Something like that.
    3) A picture of a harp, either a drawing or a photograph, with or without you in it.
    4) A phone number, but no address.
    5) if there is room, a list of things you can do. Music for weddings, parties, private functions, funerals. Whatever type of event you can play.
    6) A web address if you have a web site.

Don’t bother putting your degrees or diplomas. Nobody cares.

Trista Hill
    Spectator

Mine is very simple — a sketch I rendered of a harp on the left;

mr-s

Dear Carl,sorry in my country people care about your degree,they say oh we invited a doctor of music harpist,we paid him this price etc……………………. that’s all of course beside of the beutiful music,i know what they think ,maybe in europe or Usa dont care about that.

carl-swanson
    Participant

If it’s important then put it in. Are you planning to do this in Arabic? Isn’t that read right to left? You’ll have to arrange your card accordingly.

mr-s

no Carl i think i am going to do it in english. and maybe some of it in Arabic of course from right to left,but dont know wich harp logo or picture will use???

carl-swanson
    Participant

Just remember that someone who got your card may have it for months or years. When they look at it again, it should tell them immediately who you are and what you do. So the single most important thing on it is the word HARPIST and the next is a picture of a harp. Don’t crowd the card with too much information or they wont read any of it. And use different size lettering to emphasize and separate the various elements.

Mr. Sara, My son (not a musician) frequently has business in another country. His business card is in English on one side; on the reverse it is printed

carl-swanson
    Participant

Patricia- I thought of that after my previous post and was going to suggest it. I’m glad you did.

He could actually have exactly the same thing printed on both sides, except that one is in English and the other Arabic.

laurel
    Participant

I play the Irish Lever Harp and was also thinking of getting a business card.

paul-knoke
    Participant

Could you perhaps make the card two-sided, with English on one side, and Arabic on the other?

I’ve also found that using an ivory or pastel colored card stock helps make the card stand out in a stack of the more usual white cards, and more memorable to potential customers.

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Mine is unusual but very simple. I didn’t want regular card stock, so I bought a bunch of place cards for weddings….they unfold. I hand lettered each one in calligraphy. On the front, it just says my name, and Harpist. Inside, my contact information. That’s all! They look great and are uncluttered and unique. This works for me; some might want to include more information.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.