harpcolumn

Your Feedback Wanted!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Your Feedback Wanted!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Harpists, are you interested in letting us know what you think about harpcolumn.com? We’re looking for feedback from Harp Column Community members as we look at ways to improve the look and content of the website. Please let us know if you’d be willing to answer a few questions by emailing us directly.

Thanks in advance,

—the Harp Column team

Elettaria

Something keeps going wrong with the formatting, adding in visible HTML code that doesn’t even apply. Have a look through  my latest posts and you’ll see several examples. We think it may be something to do with the Chrome browser.

There seems to be a lot less activity on this site than in the old format. I used to love the “Professionals” forum. I wonder if it would help to bring back some of the old forum titles.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Elizabeth- I agree with you 100%! I’m not sure where everyone has gone?

Biagio
    Participant

I have not been a member very long, so lacking perhaps in some perspective.  With that out of the way, I love the forum arrangement which makes it quite easy to browse older posts by general topic as compared to the hit-or-miss-search-by-keyword regime elsewhere.  The HC seems to be somewhat dominated by the concert harp – no problem there but of late I have noticed quite a bit of interest in  lever harps, wire strungs and other more “folkie” instruments.  Perhaps a forum or two for these other types?

We have also had interesting discussions on technical subjects such as regulation, string design and varieties, maintenance, etc. – conceivably another category.  A “Professionals” forum as Elisabeth suggested would also be welcome, I’m sure. All in all, though it is a wonderful place and I have made large number of long distance friends!

If I had one criticism to offer it is that I have not figured out how to upload pictures or charts directly to a discussion.  There’s probably some way I’ve missed:-)

Biagio

Thanks for your comments, and many thanks to those of you who volunteered to answer our survey questions. Please email us at info@harpcolumn.com if you’d still like to participate in the survey. We’d love more input.

—the Harp Column team

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Along with bringing back “professionals” I would like to see a “technical” forum.

Elettaria

The search function doesn’t seem to work properly.

balfour-knight
    Participant

I agree with Biagio!  I thoroughly enjoy this harp community and have made many new friends in far-away places.  Speaking as both a professional pedal harpist and lever harpist, I would love to see some more features on the lever harp, too.  I am one pedal harpist who now actually prefers the lever harp, since I have owned my Dusty Strings FH36S, and “Cherie” is my favorite harp of all time.  I used to read and marvel about Sylvia Woods and others going from pedal to lever, so now I completely “get it,” ha, ha!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Thanks for your recent article on Rees harps!  I have met them and enjoyed talking to them in Asheville, NC.  I found their harps to be full-toned, fun to play, and beautifully made.

Also, your website seems to be working very well, Kim.  Thanks so much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.