harpcolumn

Your dream harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Your dream harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi everyone! I wanted to hear other harpists opinions, there are few harpists in my town so I love just having discussions about harp related things. Most of my friends play guitar, so if I get chatty on here you know why. 😉

What’s the most beautiful harp you’ve ever played? I’m talking YOUR harp, or YOUR baby. Sound quality, inlay and special paint jobs, etc, whatever you think makes a harp beautiful!

My teacher recommended a Lyon and Healy, and with no pedal harp experience I bought a used 85 Petite. I have never once regretted it. I absolutely LOVE my harp!

I tend to lean towards harps with “bright” sound, I’ve never played one but I absolutely adore the sound of Dusty String lever harps. Lyon and Healy are supposed to have a bright sound.

And I love harps with simple features. I like darker finishes that show the grain of the wood. I do like some harps with inlays or very pretty designs painted on them. I’ve never played an Aoyama so I’m not talking about sound but I was completely struck by the beauty of their Princess Sakura pedal harp!

So what about you? What’s your harp dream? 🙂

God Bless!

— Natalie

Amber M
    Participant

I think the Salvi Minervas are gorgeous. As far as the most beautiful sound, I had the chance to play a walnut Trianon a few months ago. If I couldve afforded it, it wouldve gone home with me!! :-)

diana-day
    Participant

If we’re talking about “dream” harps, I’ll have to include mine because

Regarding the post just above, your wish for a harp of 56 pounds and 43 strings is just what the Lyon and Healy Model 14, natural and gold, is about. At this moment, there is one advertised on this web site in the classified section!

diana-day
    Participant

Yes…but I like the

My dream harp is a Style 3.

unknown-user
    Participant

These are all beautiful harps everyone!

I absolutely love the look and sound of Dusty Strings FH36, the glossy finish that shows the natural wood is stunning.

And Mountain Glen Harps have beautiful paintings and carvings. It’s amazing how someone can not only make a beautiful sounding instrument but also make it into a work of art!

I prefer sound to looks, if the harp looks good but sounds terrible it’s not worth it!

— Natalie

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I’d like two or three. (1) My antique single-action Erard gloriously restored; a chamber-size double-action–one of the smallest L & Hs or a Pilgrim’s Progress. (2) A Josephus Heritage in cherry or an R-Harps Merlin. (3) A metal-strung modeled after the Queen Mary or the Trinity College but not as fancy.

kent-vogel
    Participant

How about this, ….There are no bad harps! Beats the heck out of no Harp!

With every great wish! To be discussed at a later date if you are for real!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

These are an interesting

tony-morosco
    Participant

The Art Deco harp in that pair is a Lyon and Healy Salzedo. That one is my dream harp.

deb-l
    Participant

Kent – I agree.

kay-lister

I have my dream harp – my L&H 85 E Concertino AND the icing on the cake is that I still have my Thormahlen Swan.

kreig-kitts

Concert grand, weights 20 pounds, folds to fit inside a duffle bag. Self-tuning.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

LOL Kreig!!!! Count me in, except…

Nothing in the world could make me give up my Webster McFall. I love the celtic carving and the deep mahogany color. But more than that – I’m crazy about the deep, mellow and clear tone. Perfection!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies