harpcolumn

Wurlitzer on e-bay

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Wurlitzer on e-bay

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

I just got a phone call and an email from Dickie Fleisher, who is the person I asked to look into this. He contacted the seller and got the following email from her. Dickie says the whole thing is a scam and that the mistake this woman made was listing Jacksonville FL as the location for the harp, which is where Dickie has his business. I’m posting the whole email I got from him, without the photos of the harp.

*****************************************************************************

Hi Dickie,

As I told you right now I’m in Spain and my cell phone is not working here (it’s giving me a network connection error), I’m sorry, but you can ask me your questions thru email and I’ll get back to you asap. Please check the attachment for some pictures with the harp.

If you are interested I want to make the transaction thru Skrill (Moneybookers). This way you will have the opportunity to inspect the harp before you actually pay for it. I’m saying this because you will have a maximum 14 days inspection period. You will send the money to Skrill (Moneybookers) and they will keep the money for us. As soon as Skrill (Moneybookers) has the money I will ship the harp to you.

Skrill (Moneybookers) releases funds to the Seller once the inspection period has passed without the Buyer requesting cancellation of the transaction and upon Skrill (Moneybookers) verification of the transaction information. The inspection period is agreed to by both the Buyer and the Seller and commences once the Buyer has received the item. Funds are released to the Seller the same or next business day after completion of the transaction and upon verification by Internet Skrill (Moneybookers) Services.

As soon as I will have your full name and also your full shipping address I will open an escrow case with Skrill (Moneybookers) and they will give you step by step details on how to proceed with the deal and to make the payment.

Thanks,

Linda

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Just in case there’s anyone who hasn’t seen it, there’s a Wurlitzer Pedal Harp site online that has some good pictures and small articles about the harps and their history.

Google “Wurlitzer Pedal Harps” and it will come right up

deb-l
    Participant

thanks for checking it out Carl, funny how the ‘seller’ ended the listing right around the time your contact asked to see the harp, and it sounds as though she expected him to pay for it first because she is in Spain and can’t be reached? (don’t worry there’s a money back guarantee..ha!)

carl-swanson
    Participant

We should all keep an eye out for pictures of this harp and the description to show up elsewhere. Maybe on Craigslist? Several years ago one of the people here informed me via a private email that pictures of a harp I was selling and the exact description that I had up on my web site had turned up someplace else, I can’t remember where now. Someone had stolen the pictures and description off my web site.

Maria Myers
    Participant

Carl,

It’s terrible that some people in this world are lying in wait to pounce on innocents in order to scam them!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics