harpcolumn

Wurlitzer at Estate Sale

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Wurlitzer at Estate Sale

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    redharpist
    Participant

Haha! I just saw your response Charles and somehow managed to answer you with my previous message. I do see a vertical crack in the top of the column. Do you think that’s a problem?

redharpist
    Participant

I can’t seem to figure out how to reduce file size of photos on my iPhone, so I can’t upload it 🙁

charles-nix
    Participant

I don’t know, especially without seeing it. If it is the very top, above the neck, and a small crack, I wouldn’t be worried much myself. The stress is on the column below the neck. A professional like Carl would be much better to answer that.

A quick search shows three apps at the app store for resizing images:
    Resize It
    Image Resizer+
    Desqueeze

I don’t use an iPhone, so I can’t recommend one over the other.

redharpist
    Participant

Thanks! Hopefully this photo will upload.

redharpist
    Participant

Oops. Hit submit without it.

redharpist
    Participant

Sorry for all the posts. I’m still trying to get the photo up. 🙁

redharpist
    Participant

Sigh.. one more try. Though the seller said the crack was there when Erich looked it over in 2013 and said it’s in great condition.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    redharpist
    Participant

Update. I called Erich and he said he doesn’t recall a crack in the column when he was there in 2013. He said they might not be disclosing everything, so he’s going over to look at it. I should have called him in the first place.

redharpist
    Participant

I did buy the harp after Erich stopped by and gave the thumbs up. I’m now a multiharp household!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    charles-nix
    Participant

Congratulations!

redharpist
    Participant

Is this the beginning of an expensive hobby/collection? I already want more!
    LOL!

emma-graham
    Participant

Congratulations. Remember, the correct number of harps is “just one more”! ( My current tally is 11…..)

redharpist
    Participant

Haha! I love that answer!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Ha, ha, I stopped at just two! But I love to look at and play every harp I can get my hands on, you know!

I own a Wurlitzer that has serial number 1234.

It was built sometime around when Mr. Grandjany emigrated to the U.S., around the time of WW II. Mine has been rebuilt twice, once by Lyon & Healy and most recently by Munson & Harbour. It needed regilding when I bought it and still does. Just can’t afford it yet.

Otherwise, it has a phenomenal sound. Once I start, can barely stop playing it. Mine is a Starke Orchestral Grand tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.