wrong to discuss weddings?

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    Sylvia on #108456

I know everyone has his/her own opinions,

Participant
    catherine-rogers on #108457

I’m with you, Sylvia. I think it’s fine to discuss work, even in the medical profession, as long as one doesn’t name names. Hearing about other people’s experiences is a great way to learn without repeating others’ mistakes or re-inventing the wheel. Sometimes you get a whole new perspective on something that never would have occurred to you otherwise.

I do know some harpists who prefer not to discuss fees, and I respect that, but I don’t mind talking about money. Frankly I find it helpful to know what’s going on in the marketplace.

Participant
    Sylvia on #108458

I changed all the names of people in the book and didn’t name the places, so even the people in the wedddings probably wouldn’t recognize themselves.

tony-morosco on #108459

In that case I see nothing at all inappropriate about it.

I mean, come one… any time two musicians who play weddings get together stories about the various things that they have seen or experienced at them start to fly. Weddings aren’t national security events or top secret affairs.

So long as he names and identifying details are changed then I don’t see anything wrong with it. And how else do you learn if you don’t hear other peoples’ experiences?

Participant
    Miriam Shilling on #108460

I agree, Tony.

Participant
    tonie-ogimachi on #108461

Anne Roos, Jan Jennings, and Marjorie Chauvel have all written books about playing the harp for weddings.

Participant
    Sylvia on #108462

Where did you find those books?

Participant
    Sylvia on #108463

I did look just now and found some info.

Participant
    tonie-ogimachi on #108464

Yes, you’re right.

Participant
    Jessica A on #108465

I love to read stuff like that.

Participant
    Sylvia on #108466

Thank you all for your responses.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.