Which harp sweetener for iStrobosoft, H1 or H3?

• Participant
    keno6319 on #216487

Hello all~

For those of you using iStrobosoft, which harp sweetener did you choose for a pedal harp?

H1 is the standard stretch and H3 is a milder stretch.
    Because it’s an in-app purchase I thought I’d check here before buying.

Thanks for your input.

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #216493

I bought the Peterson iStroboSoft tuner a couple years ago. The only sweetener was simply for a 47 string harp. I went to the website and see there are two options now. You may have to call or email them. I am curious, too. The tuner is VERY accurate and was well worth the extra money for the sweetener. I found the tuner works better with an iPhone than iPad. The harp tech said the mic is more sensitive in the iPhone.

Participant
    keno6319 on #216535

Well guess what? The modest $5.99 price for the Harp sweetener includes all 3 sweeteners: H1, H2, and H3! I decided to use H3 first and I like it thus far.

Thanks to your tip about the microphone, I installed the app on my iPhone as well. I do really like the eye chart size letters on the Ipad though.

One small issue I had though was the inability to tune the lowest 2-3 wires. The readings were all over the place on both the iPad and iPhone. After reverting to my Sonic Research Turbo Tuner and plug in pickup I was able to tune those wires immediately, so I don’t know what the problem was with the app.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.