harpcolumn

Where to find free harp sheet music online?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Where to find free harp sheet music online?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    heidi-chen
    Participant

I’m interested in playing some jazzier/swing songs, something from maybe Sinatra himself or his contemporaries and I was wondering if I could find some of the sheet music for free online?

I’ve played the harp for a while now, but never tried jazzy songs so if, by any chance, you know any intermediate – advanced harp songs that sound quite fun and lively, please let me know!!! Also, I play pedal harp, if that helps!

Thanks and happy harp playing!

The works mentioned would not be in public domain. Any free websites offering this music would be violating copyright law.

Angela Biggs

Well, you can find a little bit of jazz in the public domain (1922 is the magic year). There’s some Cole Porter and Jerome Kern, for example. But if you want to play it on harp, you’ll have to arrange it yourself.

If you’re willing to pay for some more modern jazzy music, try Frank Voltz. His pieces seem to run the gamut of the “intermediate” level. The more jazzy they are, the more difficult they are. You can hear samples on his website http://frankvoltz.com/listen.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies