harpcolumn

where are you?????????

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break where are you?????????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

Maybe this is a generational thing. I don’t know. But I simply can’t understand why people neglect to tell me where they are when they write to me with questions that would require that information. What inspired me to post this is a post on the old HC site where someone asked how to ship a harp overseas, where to get a crate, etc. She neglected to say that she is in Asia! So there is a suggestion in a followup post telling her to contact the Virginia Harp Center. I asked her in a private email why she’s shipping her harp to Italy to have the soundboard replaced when there are several options in the United States.

I get emails like this all the time. I get requests for quotes on harp repairs, including shipping, and they didn’t bother to tell me where they are. I get requests to rent a harp, and they don’t bother to tell me where they are. HELLO????? People ask me if I am interested in buying there harp or selling it for them, and they don’t tell me where they and the harp are!! I don’t need the exact address. But for Pete’s sake, tell me what state you are in, or if you are in a foreign(to Boston) country.

sarah-mullen–2
    Participant

I travel to events all over the country. People regularly send me emails asking me to perform at their events, and they never say where! On my website, where people can send me an email for bookings, it specifically asks for that vital piece of information, and still nobody ever says. Odds are they saw me at an event in Phoenix and are asking me to play a gig in Scottsdale, and by that time I’m in Charlotte. I don’t know why it’s so hard to include that simple fact.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sarah-I’m glad I’m not alone. Even on local NPR I hear confusing information. Ther’es a Rockport Massachusetts and a Rockport Maine, and they both have music festivals in the summer. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard announcements for a concert in Rockport, and I don’t know which one they are referring to.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics