harpcolumn

What are Your Fall/Winter Plans?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What are Your Fall/Winter Plans?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hannah White
    Participant

Since I’m finished with my formal studies on the harp, I decided to create my own fall/winter semester challenge; The Repertoire Challenge. I’m compiling a list of 24 pieces that I want to learn/re-learn by January 2015. It’s quite a daring feat to attempt learning 5 works a month, but I think it will prove extraordinarily advantageous.

If you’re interested, you can find out more at https://eleganzastrings.squarespace.com/blog/2014/8/1/repertoire-challenge-fallwinter-2014

What are your Fall/Winter plans?

Hi Hannah,

Hey that looks like quite a challenge indeed! I think it’s good to have that discipline, to set yourself a goal for the (near) future…it helps you to focus.

My plans for this fall/winter are:

First of all, I’ll put the recently ordered synthetic silkgut strings on my (electro-acoustic) pedal harp; the factory strung gut strings are wearing way faster than I could imagine…I play with nails on the right hand but I didn’t expect the strings to fray so rapidly (5th to 2nd octave that is). Anyway, once I’ve put the silkgut strings on, they arrive somewhere next week, I can continue to focus on carefree playing and I’ll continue getting my repertoire together for some fall/winter shows I’ll schedule soon…at the moment I’m still working on some new pieces (I compose all pieces myself) and I’m rearranging some older stuff, which I wrote on celtic harp, for pedal harp. The show will be about an hour and a half and it also features drums, percussion, sax and pedal steel (in full line-up). For some more info and a link to the bandcamp download site where you can hear some of my work, check my HC profile.

Good luck completing your repertoire challenge Hannah and let us know how things are going!

All the best,
    Marco

Hannah White
    Participant

Marco,
    It sounds like you’ve got some great plans going as well!
    Best wishes in your 2014 endeavors.

-Hannah

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics