harpcolumn

Wedding Query

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Wedding Query

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gregory Sawisky
    Participant

Just wanted to ask this of everyone. I’m sure it has happened to all of us at one point or another.

Situation: A friend is getting married and she asks you if you’d like to play the harp at her wedding. She’s not an extremely close friend and you strongly suspect that the only reason you are invited is because you play the harp. What do you do? And what conditions affect your decision (e.g. the wedding is an eight-hour drive away or more)?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

I say, “Oh gee, I’d love to, but I’m already booked for that time. What a shame,” and let it go.

Tell her how much you charge for weddings and see how she reacts to that. That will answer your suspicions. Perhaps she intends to pay. Or tell her you can attend but you’re not sure if you can bring the harp with you.

Brandee Younger
    Participant

8 hour drive?!? Yowzers! That’s a negative.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Charge her double ;-)

Karen

hitomi-momose
    Participant

As much as I would love to help out “friends” requests, 8 hour drive is not my preference for anyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies