harpcolumn

Wedding gig rates in the U.S. and abroad

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Wedding gig rates in the U.S. and abroad

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Meredith,

I posted a reply on the other thread. Thanks for bringing this up!

Cheers,
    Balfour

ColleenAuman
    Participant

The casing rate is up to the craftsman, you.

24 fps is the standard casing rate shot by film cameras (cine)

30 fps is the NTSC standard casing rate utilized for TV.

The length of the feature is played back at the same casing rate it was shot, it truly does not make a difference.

Realize that a 30 fps feature utilizes more information than a 24 fps feature, that just makes sense.

I would be more concerned with the CMOS sensor over warming at simply the wrong time amid the shoot coming about with you remaining around attempting to look proficient as the sensor chills sufficiently off to permit you to begin shooting once more.

This is the reason all the videographers I realize that shoot weddings utilize a fitting camcorder. They have none of the overheating issues that torment dSLR cameras when utilized as a camcorder. <B>http://www.topwedding.co.uk/prom-dresses-uk</B>

This is the reason it is so vital to do an expense examination that incorporates the expense of any rental hardware required for any shoot, including weddings. This expense of rental rigging is added to the shooting charge. The benefit originates from the prints and feature DVD’s you (or your essential picture taker) offer after the shoot is finished and all the altering of the feature has been finished by you or an expert feature proofreader

Gerrard Els
    Participant

How much would the current rate be for weddings / functions? I see this post is from a few years back. Some people in my area even feel that a fee of $200 is too expensive incl travel distance of about 50 miles…

Don’t know if people also charge more for lever harps vs. pedal harps as my teacher who is a professional orchestral harpist with a pedal harp would include a mortgage fee such as harp handling and harp insurance etc. in their fee

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Gerrard Els.
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi, Gerrard,

I don’t know where you are located, but we are in western North Carolina, USA. The current rates for weddings, without having to be at the rehearsal, are around $350. here. I prefer to charge about $50 more than that for having to transport my pedal harp, compared to the ease of moving my lever harp. The rehearsal would be an additional $50. If we have to travel far, mileage charges would be added. Sometimes, I say “you need to pay all my expenses, if I have to spend the night in a hotel,” for example. Hope this gives you some idea. Maybe other harpists will post here, too!

Best wishes,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

In this day and age, a wedding ceremony should pay at least $500. If people know that is the minimum, they can plan for it in their budgeting. Paying less is pure exploitation of the musician. It should really be about $1,000. With a bonus charge for Bridezillas!

balfour-knight
    Participant

I agree completely, Saul. There should be double-pay for Bridezillas AND their mothers, ha, ha!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.