harpcolumn

Wear pants to play a wedding?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Wear pants to play a wedding?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sylvia
    Participant

They bite your feet and ankles….nylons don’t discourage the mosquitoes. I spray with OFF before I start when I’m outside.

I’m thinking the clothes thing is just one more thing where we are all different from each other. Seems to boil down to whatever you are comfortable wearing in your area of the country.

elizabeth-chang
    Participant

I am now picturing harpists performing very formal wedding music in only their underwear. Thanks Alison, I needed the laugh. 🙂

Tacye
    Participant

Indeed, around here the ladies would be wearing pants but the men may or may not be in trousers.

I think the question of being comfortable is very important. It is amazing how much some people’s body language can scream out that they feel uncomfortable in their clothes. I see it quite a bit with suits around the city Court, and also with party dresses where a woman has spent all her life in jeans.

natalie-wagner–2
    Participant

My dress I mentioned earlier can NOT be worn to the beach… I almost learned the hard way. *major blush*

I think you have to be comfortable, I completely agree that that is what it boils down to. Although I will stand firmly by, “when in doubt wear black!”

Sylvia
    Participant

That’s why I eventually got to the point of, when in doubt, I ask the bride if she prefers I wear black or some other color. That way, I don’t have to wonder.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies