harpcolumn

Wagner: Magic Fire Music

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Wagner: Magic Fire Music

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

Katrina- I too learned the Zingel version, and it’s excellent. Hans Zingel, by the way, was a musicologist and the principal harpist for the Stuttgart Opera(Katrina, correct me if I’m wrong on that).  There is no easy version of the Magic Fire Music. But his version is entirely playable and works well in the orchestra.

rebekah-atkinson
    Participant

Hi Katrina,

Thanks for sharing your input, I feel like I am getting a great education on this piece from so many who have more experience than I do on this piece!  I would love to see the Zingel version, but have been unable to track down a copy.  Do you have any idea where I could purchase this piece or get a copy of it?  Thanks again, Rebekah

I did see the Salzedo edition in the International Harp Archives as well, if you can’t get it from Lyra. Not all other versions are in flats.

rebekah-atkinson
    Participant

Thanks so much, I did find the Salzedo version, I think, thanks to your help! 🙂 Still interested in taking a look at the Zingel, if anyone has information they could give me on that version, please feel free to e-mail me at rraharp@bellsouth.net! Really appreciate it!

Katrina Szederkenyi
    Participant

Rebekah – I’ve emailed you!

rebekah-atkinson
    Participant

Just wanted to say one last time how much I appreciate this forum and everyone in the harp community here who is supportive and generous in sharing their time and experience with others!!  I started this question knowing nothing about this piece, and now I feel confident and prepared to play this upcoming symphony concert!!  Y’all are amazing and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all your input!  🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies