harpcolumn

Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy – Beginner

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy – Beginner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Becky Folsom

Hi everyone! I just joined today and I am finding out so much information, tools, recommendations and advice that I need.

My harp background: I have music background (accordion/piano) since 5 and didn’t play harp until college, played for only one semester on a L&H pedal, picked it up really fast and by the end of the semester I was playing hymn renditions/composing and performing at recitals.

It’s almost 10 years later and I have not touched a harp since. I’ve decided that I seriously want to pursue harp therapy and have an interest in vibroacoustic harp therapy (healing with sound/vibration). I am looking into some harp therapy programs (IHTP), local lessons, finding a harp (I don’t have one!), etc.

Does anyone have experience with harp therapy that could give me some good advice (career wise). I also plan on playing for weddings, etc. to help with costs. I already know several classical pieces, and like to play David Lanz and Debussy

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

There are several small harps that would suit your needs and not be too much to lug around.

unknown-user
    Participant

Becky,

I am selling a Thormahlen Cygnet which would make a wonderful therapy harp!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.