harpcolumn

Vers la Source dans le bois – anyone made an edition with the enharmonics?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Vers la Source dans le bois – anyone made an edition with the enharmonics?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Has anyone here ever written out Vers la Source dans le Bois with the enharmonics all written in instead of the circled notes?

My copy has disappeared, and it took a long time to figure out, so I would like a copy, too.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I’m not aware of any edition out there other than the original. It’s too bad, because it means that each person who wants to play this piece has to do hours and hours of the same work.

mr-s

Hi ELizabeth , can you tell me about this piece who is the composer? i am interested .

carl-swanson
    Participant

It’s a well known piece for solo harp by Marcel Tournier.

mr-s

ah ok Carl, thank you for answeri g,i didnt play it and dont have the music too, is it really that difficult in pedaling?

It’s not so much the pedalling, but the reading of this piece. It’s almost all in enharmonics, so you spend hours circling notes in pencil and more hours peering at them until you have memorized the music. It’s a great piece and worth the effort, but it would be lovely to have an edition in which the enharmonics were all written out. Maybe after the World Harp Congress is over, I might see if I can do it myself, but I wonder whether the copyright laws would make it impossible to publish.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

> I wonder whether the copyright laws would make it impossible to publish.

It’s still under copyright, yes.

What is most puzzling for me is the slurs over the left hand in the second section. Is it a tie? It connects two Cs, I think, the bottom notes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.