harpcolumn

Venus Pedal Rivet Problem

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Venus Pedal Rivet Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

I play on a Venus Diplomat in a local orchestra and am looking for some advise.

carl-swanson
    Participant

You need to have someone remove the rivet and put a nut and bolt attachment in there. Lyon & Healy has something made especially for that. So do I(Swanson Harp Company).

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

Is this something normal for a harp of this age? Is that why you think the others should be replaced too?

It occured to me that the harp belongs to an engineering school. There’s got to be someone there that can make rivets!

Carl, what does your bolt kit cost? I personally can’t make the decisions on the harp since it belongs to a university, but I can collect the data for them.

Thanks.

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

Venus harps said they would fix the problem for free, but just getting the harp there would be hundreds of dollars if not more.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sidney- You could have taken the pedal bars off the instrument and mailed them to Venus. They don’t need the whole harp to do this repair. That would probably have cost $10 one way.

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

I think in theory that would work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.