Two harp stands from $5 Barstool

• Participant
    hearpe on #190217

Got a $5 stool on Craigslist, and decided I could make not one, but two harp stands-

One for Roosebeck 29

and the other for Mikel Celtic 34

Since the Celtic 34 was too big for the top of the stool I added a piece of wood to the cutoff bottom part. It all took about a half hour.

Participant
    hearpe on #190218

Participant
    hearpe on #190219

With both stands, I am not going to secure the harp to the base, because I still lean the harp back when I sit in a chair. They work pretty well!

Mikel Celtic says they have 10″ optional legs (“not always available”) I think I’d have to order from Pakistan, and I think you have to remove the feet already there- My stand is 11″ from floor to the top
    the top part of the barstool left for the Roosebeck 29 measures just over 18″ high.

Participant
    balfour-knight on #190221

This is very resourceful, Hearpe! Thanks for posting all the photos, too. Did you end up keeping the Eve 22, and will she fit on the taller stand?

Participant
    hearpe on #190222

Yes I still have the Eve22 and often play that in an easy chair, I suppose it will fit on the taller stand if I want.

I may actually sell the Roosebeck 29 if anyone’s interested. I had ordered that when the Mikel Celtics were listed. Brand new but too late to return.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.