harpcolumn

Trinity College of Music

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Trinity College of Music

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rebecca-hung
    Participant

I’m posting this in the teacher forum because I hope that some teacher out there may be able to give me some insight. From what I’ve heard, Trinity College of Music (in London) has a pretty decent harp program. However, I’d like to find out more about the school beyond their website/prospectus before applying. Since I’m a US student, I don’t know very much about the English educational system either. Has anyone sent a student to this school or even personally attended? What was/is their harp program like? Any comments greatly appreciated!

unknown-user
    Participant

It would be interesting why you choose Trinity over Royal Academy or Royal College… the latter two seem to hold, well how should I put it, from what I get from my collegues and musicians in the UK, sort of more sought after for… moe esteem maybe..

rebecca-hung
    Participant

Yeah, I know…. other people have implied as much to me. I guess, it’s just, I don’t want to attend a school for it’s fame or esteem although those can be good. Trinity attracts me because of what looks like a rather flexible program with more classes in improvisation, composition, and general music literacy. But then again, it’s hard to tell from a catalog course description, which is why I’m asking for advice from you more experienced and generous harpists out there. 🙂

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Excellent, from all I’ve heard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies