column

Trinity College of Music

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Trinity College of Music

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rebecca-hung
    Participant

I’m posting this in the teacher forum because I hope that some teacher out there may be able to give me some insight. From what I’ve heard, Trinity College of Music (in London) has a pretty decent harp program. However, I’d like to find out more about the school beyond their website/prospectus before applying. Since I’m a US student, I don’t know very much about the English educational system either. Has anyone sent a student to this school or even personally attended? What was/is their harp program like? Any comments greatly appreciated!

unknown-user
    Participant

It would be interesting why you choose Trinity over Royal Academy or Royal College… the latter two seem to hold, well how should I put it, from what I get from my collegues and musicians in the UK, sort of more sought after for… moe esteem maybe..

rebecca-hung
    Participant

Yeah, I know…. other people have implied as much to me. I guess, it’s just, I don’t want to attend a school for it’s fame or esteem although those can be good. Trinity attracts me because of what looks like a rather flexible program with more classes in improvisation, composition, and general music literacy. But then again, it’s hard to tell from a catalog course description, which is why I’m asking for advice from you more experienced and generous harpists out there. 🙂

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Excellent, from all I’ve heard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.