harpcolumn

Traveling in airplane with lap harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Traveling in airplane with lap harp

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    robin.gate
    Participant

Hi All,

I have read on many websites that sell lap harps that these fit in most overhead compartments of airplanes (unless it’s a commuter flight.) My question is: I’m soon to travel internationally and don’t feel confident enough that the harp will be permitted onto the plane with me as it’s larger than carry-on size. It has a soft case. If I get it into an overhead bin, I feel okay. But what if it doesn’t make it that far?

What if they want me to put it under the plane with other carry on luggage? That is impossible. Shipping it as checked in luggage if packed in a cardboard box is not permitted (no cardboard boxes). What do I do? I’d so appreciate knowing your experience with this issue. Has anyone ever had the problem of NOT getting their therapy harp into the overhead bin? What are the chances? What to do if it happens?

Shipping internationally is an option but I fear customs unpacking it and not packing it back up correctly. This would be disastrous.

Suggestions, please! Thank you!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by robin.gate.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies