harpcolumn

The Nancy Rae Lever Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories The Nancy Rae Lever Harp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

I really LOVE pedal harps and lever harps. So why not a lever harp that looks like a pedal harp? I am ready to be rid of my Camac Hermine and ready for a bigger harp (I’m 5 feet exactly :p )

william-weber
    Participant

Are you ready to study pedal harp? If so, the petit sizes are there for the new harp student, and I am sure someone would buy it once you outgrow it.

Anyway, the Nancy Rae Lever Harp was made by John Pratt’s brother Carl. Carl does not seem to have a Web site, from what I have read just now in search results.

Yes, I am ready to play pedal harp and I know already how to play it. You are right about someone buying a petite because I like to scan through http://www.lyonhealycpo.com/ because they always have petites there and they are affordable. Now I see what your’e thinking. Is it OK to have a previously owned harp or rather a brand new harp? Thank you so much for your help!

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Claudia- I bought a pedal harp from the L&H CPO page a year ago for just a little more than a good pedal style lever harp, and it is a gem. Even my teacher, who has a very large salvi thinks my harp is wonderful.

I actually prefer to buy musical instruments that were carefully used before I bought them.

Lyon & Healy is like the best harp company ever! 🙂 Camac, Venus, Aoyama, Wurlitzer, and Salvi are nice, too, but I favor Lyon & Healy. What harp did you buy? What style would you reccommend?

janet-peterson
    Participant

You can reach Carl Pratt at 1-801-377-7082.

kreig-kitts

My concert grand is previously owned but in excellent condition and it sounds great. It also let me buy my pedal harp outright from savings instead of borrowing. It’s a chore to haul around, however, so in a couple years I might like to add a smaller pedal harp for when I need pedals or want the look and sound but don’t need the range of my CG. If a petite harp is well made and sounds good, and you don’t need 47 strings, a concert grand isn’t better, it’s just bigger. And lifting it into and out of a vehicle in July while wearing formal wear, you appreciate the size differently.

Stephen Conor
    Participant

I would like for my niece to also try learning how to play pedal harp. She is now taking harp lessons and I’m thinking of letting her learn pedal harp. She is now 12. I’m not being pushy right?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies