column

The most stupid I’ve felt in quite some time.

Home Forums Coffee Break The most stupid I’ve felt in quite some time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    adam-b-harris
    Participant

As you may have noticed, I’ve been trying to get out and do some promotional things in the last few months and somebody suggested I should try and make some sort of a performance video for a track off my “current” CD. Well I’ve tried over the last couple of days, but since I play things differently each time it was a most frustrating time. I’m a terrible mime – maybe next time I will just film it while recording.

For what its worth, here I am on my Limerick miming to Eleanor Plunkett (yes I know I’ve changed a note in the melody)… enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpZHMtDn5Ao

If anybody has any tips for working with HD video on a PC I would appreciate hearing them.

cheers, adam

rod-c
    Participant

Adam:

You’re a man of many talents!

Jessica A
    Participant

That was pretty, ummm except for the naked man maybe.

He is very funny!

adam-b-harris
    Participant

@Rod thanks for checking it out.

@Jessica, I am on first name terms with the naked man and he thinks he is very pretty, mind you he may be delusional.

@Saul, big compliment coming from you.

Anja G
    Participant

Adam,
    I agree with Jessica about the naked man :-)
    BUT: The music is wonderful and the sound so good and clear. It`s a pleasure to listen!
    Anja

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Thanks Anje,

It was recorded on the same Limerick lap harp that I am miming with badly in the video. I only bought it for doing performance work but then people started to say when they were buying CDs that they wanted to hear recordings played on the same instrument that they were seeing (not an unreasonable request). I’m surprised that the instrument sounds as nice as it does.

I will make sure that there is less nudity in future posts.

adam

Is it like a video song, like Pample moose (sp?) does?

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Jennifer, in a true video song like the Pomplamoose videos, what you see is actually what you are hearing, ie you

Sharon O
    Participant

I just watched – very clever! I loved the naked guy, except I wish he was slightly more clothed – perhaps a bearskin or something? Anyway, very fun!

adam-b-harris
    Participant

Like a caveman guy you mean Sharon? I will take that on board,

Sharon O
    Participant

Awww, I loved naked guy! Maybe changed his name to minimally-clothed guy, and come up with a different minimal outfit in every video! :-D A caveman thing (yes, that’s what I meant), then maybe the next time just a wide 70’s tie, then next time a vest with no shirt underneath, then – hmm, out of ideas, but I loved him! It was totally unexpected, and made the video stand out from other videos.

adam-b-harris
    Participant

He he, big 70s tie, good one.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Worse than the naked guy: electric guitar.

OTOH: you sure can tootle a flute/recorder/whatever!

Robin Stadnyk
    Participant

Watching this made my heart happy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.