harpcolumn

The most beautiful harp ever built is up for sale!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories The most beautiful harp ever built is up for sale!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

I’m prejudiced of course. But the Art Nouveau harp that Swanson Harp Company built on commission, and which was written up in the Harp Column several years ago, is up for sale. Just google Swansonharp.com and then click on the Used Harps page to see it.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I forgot to add that it is currently in a museum exhibition of masterpieces of Massachusetts woodworkers, which is taking place at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton Massachusetts.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I LOVE that harp Carl!

ellen-beckerman
    Participant

Wow. That harp is incredibly beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Just breath-taking.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Well Carl, I think we can forgive the lack of modesty on this one since, after all, it is a spectacularly beautiful harp.

Well done.

Charles
    Participant

Carl,
    How can you just pick one from all your beautiful children? LOL!

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Was it Ginger’s harp??

carl-swanson
    Participant

Yes it was Ginger’s harp. The whole episode is so sad. But her husband Robert and I want to see it go to someone who will love it as much as she did.

Charles- I do love all the models we came out with. My personal favorite is the fully gilded Empire in an Antique Maple stain. But I adore the Art Nouveau model too. When I showed that instrument at one of the AHS conferences, people loved it and they particularly loved the color. I had many people say to me “Don’t ever loose that color. It’s gorgeous.”

eliza-morrison
    Participant

It is a gorgeous instrument, owned and loved by a beautiful, soulful musician. I too hope it goes to the right person, the home it deserves!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.