harpcolumn

The 50th percentile harpist

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break The 50th percentile harpist

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Okay, so we have a “Best Harpist” and “Worst Harpist” thread. Now we need to know which harpist demonstrates a level of skill the lands him/her precisely at the 50th percentile of all harpists in the world. :o) Who is this person? Only one person can hold this slot and is therefore unique among all other “average” harpists. This person is special because he/she has the most balanced vantage point of harp playing and most singularly represents “harpists” overall. Is it first year harp major? Or are the numbers of beginning harpists increasing to the point that this person is someone who has studied for say, three years? Anyone out there think that he/she may perhaps be this person?

Have at it! :oP

Christian Frederick
    Participant

I nominate Saul.

unknown-user
    Participant

I was just about to say that.

unknown-user
    Participant

Fooey :o(

New rule to keep it silly – a person can only nominate him/herself. At any rate, there would be no shame in being average.

unknown-user
    Participant

Not telling.

unknown-user
    Participant

I am proud to be middlebrow.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’d say that most of us out there are the every-day-garden-variety gigging harpists that get the occassional really amazingly amazing gig, and the rest of the time we do what we can to

unknown-user
    Participant

I certainly feel like I am working at 50% of my full capacity when I am practicing, at least 50% of the time. Does that add up to 100%?

tony-morosco
    Participant

“I certainly feel like I am working at 50% of my full capacity when I am practicing, at least 50% of the time. Does that add up to 100%? “

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies