harpcolumn

THANK YOU for helping me find my dream harp!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories THANK YOU for helping me find my dream harp!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lily-White
    Participant

Hi,

I am the happy owner of a brand new DUSTY STRINGS FH34S in cherry wood – lacquered in black. Full Camac levers and 8-inch legs. She is gorgeous! Tall, but still the lightest Dusty 34-string harp. She has a heavenly sound, even though I just got her (she is still a “baby harp” 🙂 ).

I always dreamed of a white harp. But my dream harp turned out to be the model above, and it was impossible to get her in white. So I had to choose between her or a white harp that didn’t sound as beautiful, didn’t feel as good to play, wasn’t tall enough for me, or similar. I chose her and I LOVE her!!! If I win the lottery – I guess I’d have to start play the lottery first 😀 – my next harp will be a WHITE pedal harp. But for now I want to enjoy my stunning FH34S in cherry. Maybe forever, she’s such a keeper! <3

Thanks a million to each and everyone of you who have supported me in finding my dream harp in this forum! It has been a HUGE help, I’m grateful beyond words…

Warmly,

Lily

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hello Lily!

We are so glad to hear your news! That is indeed a fine harp, and I love my Dusty FH36S in cherry. I used her (Cherie) to do two Christmas concerts recently, to rave reviews (of the harp, ha, ha!). The wood-workers in my audiences admire the beautiful natural cherry wood and the elegant workmanship of Dusty Strings harp makers.

We wish you many happy hours with your new dream-harp!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

Lily-White
    Participant

Hello Balfour!

So nice to hear from you, thank you for your kind words!

Because of health issues, I wasn’t able to travel to the Netherlands, where I could have tried the FH34S and loads of other harps – in order to be sure I’m making the right decision. However, the harps came to me! We had a 4-day harp festival in my home town! I tried all the harps on display, and there really were a lot of them. I met a lot of interesting people, kind souls who shared their harp experiences with me. It was impossible for me to attend all the concerts, but I did what I could, everything from baroque harps to Park Stickney… What an experience!

After the festival I was sure about my choice. In the end I chose between buying my rental Ravenna34 or the FH34S in cherry wood. Both wonderful harps in their respective price ranges. My beloved husband supported me to choose the one my heart desired. And he loves to listen when I play – how lucky am I! 😀

Another thing that is quite interesting: since I started to play the harp my health has improved hugely. Even my doctors have started encouraging me to continue playing…

My username in this group (Lily-White) is the name I originally wanted to give my white dream harp. When I ordered my FH-model and couldn’t get her in white, I came up with another name. But when I finally got her and played her, she definitely deserved the name of my dream harp. So even though she isn’t white, her name is Lily-White. A white lily symbolizes something that is much deeper than the colour of the surface.

Thank you if you have read this far, I’m such a chatterbox! Sorry about that…

Lily-White sends a special harp hug to her big sister Cherie! <3

Huge harp hugs to you and Carol Lynn,

– Lily

balfour-knight
    Participant

So glad to read all of this, Lily! We love that a black-lacquered cherry harp is called “Lily White.” Your harp is certainly deserving of the deeper meaning of “Lily,” as you said.

So glad you have found your dream harp. We send special hugs to you and “Lily.” Play her a lot for your sweet husband, as I do for my sweet wife!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

balfour-knight
    Participant

I will try to post a photo of Cherie and me!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lily-White
    Participant

Oh, she sure is a beauty!
    This is Lily-White.

Lily-White
    Participant

I don’t understand why it didn’t work. “File exceeds allowed file size”. Strange, it’s just a photo…

balfour-knight
    Participant

Keep trying, Lily! I sometimes have to “crop” a photo to get it small enough to work here. I wonder if the Harp Column staff could improve this by allowing a larger file size.

Thanks for trying to send a photo of your Lily White harp. We can’t wait to see her!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

Lily-White
    Participant

I’m trying again on another device and with another picture. Fingers crossed – here comes Lily-White! (Dusty Strings FH34S in cherry wood).

Lily-White
    Participant

ARGH! One more try, I have cropped the picture as much as possible…

Lily-White
    Participant

I have never had this problem before, sending pictures in forums and similar. So I don’t understand this. At least I have tried my best! 🙂

– Lily

balfour-knight
    Participant

Lily, so sorry you are having this much trouble sending a photo. Maybe contact the Harp Column staff and see if they can help!

Kindest regards,
    Balfour

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies