harpcolumn

Telenn or Hermine???

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Telenn or Hermine???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello! I’m a beginner – I play lever harp since September and I’m trying to choose a harp. At the moment I’ve stopped my attention at Camac 34 strings – Hermine and Telenn – there is only slight difference in prices, and since I’ve nowhere to try them I cannot choose .Can anybody advise me?

elena-bittasi
    Participant

Dear Svetla, I hope that my answer will be in time to help you. Both Hermine and Telenn are study harps. But there is no comparison. Hermine is much better. Hermine has carbon strings, Telenn has gut strings, but when gut strings are too short – as in Telenn happens – they produce a very weak sound, and poor in harmonics. And gut strings are more fragile and expensive than carbon ones.
    I have a Hermine and I am quite satisfied. But remember: there are consistent differences among Hermine models. Some of them have not a beautiful sound, some are really nice. So play each model you can try and find out your harp.

Good luck, and let me know!
    Elena, harper from Italy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.